S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

to achtung ... woh, now your classifying blacks as thieves, i was with

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ok well I have first hand life experience which refutes your claims about asians...

I've spent a good deal of time in China, both Hong Kong and the mainland areas surrounding Hong Kong. I had numerous opportunities to rub elbows with many English speaking Chinese over there and being an Engineer we on numerous occasions would get technical. Math is a language which is pretty much universal...your claims about their prowess in math and science was proven to be largely false time and time again while I was over there.

Honestly...you live in the US where you have a distorted perception regarding other races. We have in the US the cream of the crop so to speak. Those who came from affluent enough backgrounds to flee their country in hopes of a better life here. People with those sorts of financial capabilities are more likely than not going to have been educated at the better schools and had parents who were highly educated. You are what your environment makes you...you are what your parents meld you into. Many I met were melded into farmers who could no sooner Differentiate or Integrate some function than some kid selling crack on the corner in some ghetto...sorry to shoot ya down :-(

If you took their test scores and adjusted them so that only the upper percentage of white (or whatever race) students were allowed to take the tests I think you'd find things are pretty much equal. Don't forget that you live in the greatest nation on Earth...and the vast majority of the greatest thinkers and scientists throughout history have been white as well as many Blacks, Hispanics...whatever race you like. The Asiatic people are not some super race...try going there some time and you'll see what I mean. Take a look at awards of the Nobel Prize by Nationality...and tell me what you think.

Best Regards,

James R.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not taking sides here, but you can't look at total numbers. You should look at percentages.

Of course there will be more whites on welfare if whites make up 75% of the population (guesstimate). But he may be saying as a percentage of population, minorities on welfare, gangs, public housing or in prison is higher. This also may vary based on region of the country. Urban vs, rural etc.

Looking at total numbers of the subject groups vs. their percentage of the overall combined group is the best metric for this analysis.

I'm just arguing statistics not race issues.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default And I'm saying profiling is BS cause it's based on unfounded stereotypes.

I think you should be profiled and see how it feels, simply, because of your race ... what the hell ... profiling can work? It's an inherently biased system, sure, it can work if your intent is to book your prison systems with minorities, let's go profile at my suburban high school ... i'd wager that 1/4 of the white students would be sitting in jail right now ... if you knew the kind of drugs they had in their lockers. So, my point is cops should look for criminals not black criminals not white criminals but criminals.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:42 AM

Default I am only going to answer this once

What was suspicious about those guys was this combination and the combination alone, do not take anything out of contex here: 4-5 black males in their early twenties, maybe teens, wearing kerchieves on their heads, driving a lowered BMW 330i (probably stolen) in a parking lot exclusively for a store for baby's items, scanning the parked cars.
Each individual bit of info here by itself does not make you a thief. Driving a BMW 330i makes a thief? No. Black teen driving a $40K car in New Jersey 15 - 20 miles from Newark, yes, it makes me suspicios, you can say whatever you want. And the best argument that I can possibly bring up here is the fact that I was right and that prevented my car from eventually being stolen.
Old 05-03-2002, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default ok, and what about the cases where you were wrong ... how many black males pass your car everyday?

Because in one instance you were right ... so should make your stereotyping a fact, I'm a 21 yearold black male, and I look young, and I drive a 40K car, so what's your point, do you know how many times I was stopped in the first 2 weeks I had my car? Let's see 4. So, with that said, there was 4 instances where your stereotype did not hold true.

So, how many, black males pass by your car every day, and just look at it?
Old 05-03-2002, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No, we should not do what we want in Afghanistan, and Terrorism is an overused word

I see the issue it's typical "WASP" thinking, oh ... sorry ... I'm stereotyping. The issue is you think it's your god given right to do whatever the "f*ck" you want, and this is common from my experience with some white males. Let's think about the founding of this nation, it was birthed through the displacement of the indegious peoples, and on the sweat, blood, and backs of slaves. When I say these things I'm sure the human element of the gravity of the situation does not register with you. The Indians were nearly eradicated from the Northern Hemisphere, read on the Trail of Tears, to give you one instance of the brutality of the conquering of the Indian, oh ... yes ... It was the European who devised the practise of scalping, not the indian, whole indian villages were burned to the ground and their inhabitants massacred at the hands of the U.S. Army, if they did not comply with the demands of the government, yet they the Indian terrorized the settlers? I'm sure you felt this was all manifest destiny though.

Do, you, know, what it meant to be a slave, I guess you just think of it as an institution, but let me give you an idea, a slave account, a female slave, let's give her name, Sarah ... was young about 15 years old, was born into slavery ... now her master was quite fond of her, and one night he walked into her shack and removed her from the dwelling which had about 30 other individuals in it. He took her to the woods and began to make advances upon her, she tried to refuse his advances, so he brutaly beat her, bludgeoning her eye ... and breaking ribs , and then ... he raped her. Now mind you Sarah is a 15 year old girl. The next day Sarah obviously is unable to work, so, the Master get's angry .... and decides to teach her and the other slaves a lesson. He strips Sarah down to the waste, and ties her limbs to 4 posts, so she is lying face down and spread eagle. He proceeds to then whip her brutally tearing the flesh from her back. Her body is bloodied and beaten, and then, he decides to get a candle and pour hot wax on her fleshy back, all this of course as his children are watching through the window. This is not my own story or fable, but this a true, slave account, ... imagine if this was your life, slavery was not just some institution, some thing of history books.

My point is that clearly those in power have always preyed on others. We as "humans" are supposed to be above the animal kingdom, yet, we exemplify animality like no other species. Human why are we even called human, their is nothing, humane about humanity. And so long as the common man, yes, you ... think that this kind of animality is "OK", then, it's fine if you feel that you can walk in Afghanistan and shoot whom ever you please. Because well we have the power, and it's always, been shoot first and ask questions when we feel like it. So, long, as our objectives are met, what, does the death of a few innocent lives matter, hell, we intentionally destroyed millions of lives ... so ... yes go ahead and shoot whomever. I guess life has no real value then. So, with that said, why were upset over 9/11, we as American's have never valued life?

I bet you believe Arafat, is a terrorists, who is bent on the destruction of Isreal? Yet, everyone forgets, Arafat is a "Nobel Peace Prize" winner. Why because he brokered for peace with Yizak Rabin, who was one of the few Isrealies who truly wanted Peace. And you know for that ,Yizak Rabin who was co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, was assinated by his own people. By a young isreali, so, here we are in 2002, and Sharon who his "hitler" reincarnated as far as I'm concerned ... essentially ready to wipe out the competition, all under this guise, of ending terrorism. In 1993 Arafat and Rabin, signed the Oslo Accords, Isreal would give the Palistineans the land gained in six day war, and stop building new settlements in Palistinean lands. Note, the six day war, did not involve the Palistineans, they are refugee's from the fighting, they lost their land and didn't even take part in the war ... but in any event, 10 years ago Arafat and Rabin made a pact, and you know what the Palistineans are still waiting, they held their side of the bargain ... for 8 years ... Sharon has been Prime Minister for 3 of those years, in his three years, he has built more new settlements than in the 20 years prior, ain't that something, what happened to honoring a deal ... in any case, I'm digressing,

I don't want to give you a history lesson, it hurts, my head, I'm digressing from the discussion, racial profiling, you can't get water from a rock, so why am I trying? You believe the stereotypes you want to believe.
Old 05-03-2002, 07:25 AM

Default You want to talk about people hurting their own? How do you thiink most of the slaves got here? they

were brokered by members of their own tribes and handed over. Look we can't be just to every single person in the world, its just not possible. And yes what happened to native americans was a tragedy but how long can you hang things over peoples heads, I have nothing to do with that, and no I don't beleive that white people can do exactly as they please and I aggree white male juveniles should often be profiled, and I was never actually pulled over but was definately closely examined as a young white male driving a nicer car then most of my peers. And I didn't have any problem with it, if I were stopped I wouldn't have any problem with it, the cops are just doing their job and as long as they don't beat me with their clubs or give me tickets for no damn reason I don't have a problem with simple checking up on people who seems suspicious in a given context, and often in urban areas that is young black males.
Old 05-03-2002, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default you moron, if you think, that africans simply handed over the millions of slaves who came

to the American shores your a dote. This is mainly propoganda, this is not to say, that slaves were not handed over as prisoners of war However, Africans did not simply hand over millions of people from their own tribes, in cases where they did hand over people, it was people from other tribes whom they had captured in battle. Although, this was a small # in comparison, to the million forcibly removed. Furthermore, it is no question that slavery was practised in Africa, but certainly not in the manner that the western world abused raped and pillaged.

In Africa, where a young boy who was captured in battle was a "slave", usually he became, an integral part of the family whom he was captured by, he was not bartered or sold and treated as chattle and made to sleep in shacks with one room, with dozens of other slaves. And in short that young male, would not be a slave all his life, he at a certain point could return to his village if he so chose. This is not the way of the western world, and certainly, the Africans who did give their captors to the Western Slave holder's had no idea of the atrocity that would befall them. Family's in Africa who did have "slave" had one, or at most two. The slave was considered part of the family, not a sub-human entity, Africans did not create this system of plantations where hundreds would belong to A Slave Master to do as he pleased.

Furthermore, you forget, the western world colonized the Africa's and essentially did with the people as they pleased, as well, as the resources of Africa. So, don't give me up, this Right Wing cop out, as the cause for slavery. Let's lay responsibility where it should be lain. The Western World colonized all of the globe, raped, pillaged, murdered, as they pleased. So, for you to imply, that the inhabitants were willing participants for most of it, you must be kidding, because I don't see Africans as having benifited, look at Africa today, look at blacks in the US, or the West Indies, look at the American Indian population and alcholism, where are the Mayans, or Aztecs, why should Montezuma speak of revenge, come on ... let's get real.
Old 05-03-2002, 12:06 PM

Default I didn't mean to imply they did it willingly, also you mention all these groups who are now at such

a disadvantage because of how they were treated hundreds of years ago, I personally think that yes that hurt them but they have not helped themselves much either. why then after near eradication only 50 years ago have jew's come back to flourish economically in our society. Even despite their horrible treatment, persecution, etc. etc. they have risen out of it strong, and are now flourishing, they are not alcoholics, living in squalor, or producing aids cases in record numbers (africa) Yes the western world has done many terrible things about 150 years ago but to say these people are in their current condition entirely because of that is ridiculous. They need to take some responsibility for their own actions which continue their living conditions (tribal warfare in somalia, sexual practices in Africa after enormous international aid and educational programs, american indians as you call them being alcoholics, etc.)