S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

All of you S4 owners are making me sick...look at yourselves! (1.8T owner)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-1999, 10:06 AM
Chris Ciccone

Default All of you S4 owners are making me sick...look at yourselves! (1.8T owner)

Lately I have been looking at your posts out of interest, here are some opions on the ongoing chip wars.

I remember when I was waiting patiently for my 1.8T, All I did was research Chips, exhausts, wheels, etc. the .org was still recently new and not yet as large, but the information was still abundant. The 'in' thing was the Wett chip. It was THE one to have, the minute people saw Wett vs. TAP vs. MTM posts, tempersrose. That was only about 10 short months ago...look around, does ANYBODY talk about WETT anymore, does anyone mention TAP in good words( keep this in mind as new tuners say they are the best)? People used to take this stuff personally. Get a life, we are all supposed to be HELPING each other!!! That is the purpose of the BBS!!

So, if driver 'a' has an APR chip (keep in mind that all the chips for the S4 are relatively new), and Driver B has a chip from Autothority, instead of starting wars, why not be constructive and compare them. The chips are only $500 friggin dollars, many people change chips beasue of prefernece. Hell, AutoThority even allows you to keep theirs for 30 days and Return it NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Why not buy two and return the one you don't want? Just stop beating each other and the vendors up!

Also, before you make accusationa abuot ANY vendor, make sure you have your facts straight. I have been to AutoThority plenty of times (I have taken the local Audi club there twice for tech sessions), so I know there strenghts, I have spoken on the phone to APR, and realized first hand how friendly and open to questions they are. We should all be happy that all hese comapnies are out here.

I tried last year to get a "chip" comapro started, but European Car never returned my numerous calls, Motor Week could not fit us in, if someone has the time, organize this. That will be the best way to collect info.

Stop whining and start driving your $40,000 cars, I used to be jealous of the S4 owner, now I'm just digusted.

Chris
Old 12-20-1999, 10:19 AM
Jason C

feel better now...
Old 12-20-1999, 10:38 AM
Donnie

Default I agree, great hissy fit, Chris !!

Everyone, of course, is entitled to their opinion..

It's a public board, blah.blah..

Read only the posts you want ( if you can find them through all the static.. )

I think Chris gets "best rant" of the day, and I feel much better for him doing it..

Donnie >>8-P
Old 12-20-1999, 10:54 AM
Silver S4

Default Nice post Chris, you shed some good light on a subject we all should be aware of.

Enough said, best point taken, by your own chips, test them out, make your own decisions. I for one am going to pursue a chip test session as you mentioned.

I know one of the magazines just did it, but not which manufacturers it included.
Old 12-20-1999, 10:57 AM
nate

Default I agree...

The signal to noise ratio has certainly gotten much worse over the last year or so (I used to read the A4 lists all the time when I had one).

I think it's just one of those growing pains things that online communities go through. I've seen it at several other sites I hang out in. Not pretty, but there's not really anything you can do abou t it, except closing the lists and only letting registered users in, or having moderators, etc, all of which suck to some extent.

Anyway, I <b>really</b> hope that somebody puts the APR, MTM, Autothority and TAP products on a dyno... of course, there will still be bickering, etc, that's just life.

Definately gets my vote for best rant of the day ;-)

-nate
Old 12-20-1999, 11:16 AM
occam

Default One of his points was to stop whining. Do you agree with that too?

Remember:

The squeaky wheel may get the oil, but it won't get the sale.

= Joe =
Old 12-20-1999, 11:44 AM
Silver S4

Yeah I do but stupid little posts like yours still **** me off.
Old 12-20-1999, 12:03 PM
Eric

Default Hey Sliver S4... Why don't you just Pipe the hell down...

Don't you get it? it's YOU man... your the one that people are bitching about.

Your not doing your buddys at AutoAuthority any good. I don't think that anyone on this board is going to buy that chip after seeing your post's.

A few questions about your car and experience so we can understand where your comming from.

How old are you?
What is your driving experience? (not much from the tone of your post's)
Do you know ANYTHING about testing cars? (again not much from the tone of your post's)
How many miles is on your car?
what other mods have you done? (exhaust, AirFilter?)
What are you using for your measurements?

Answers those then we have a baseline for your opinion.
Old 12-20-1999, 12:24 PM
but you guys all make me sick of the car!!

Real intelligent post Eric......***!!! You're just as much the problem. Thought about buying an S4
Old 12-20-1999, 12:30 PM
Silver S4

Default Answers below..

28 Yrs Old

How do you rate your own driving experience. I have been driving 15 years of my life, no accidents, no professional driving, no courses, no autocross. This is my second Audi, the first was a 98.5 1.8 chipped from AT. Sold it before I did anything else. Other than that I am experienced at dealing with all the wondeful beltway drivers in VA...

How many day to day drivers really spend time testing cars. I have never claimed that I know how to test a car. If you saying plug a G-Tech into the cigarette lighter and let her rip, well than anyone can do that. I don't have any special equipment as I would think that most people on this board don't.

I have 4300 miles on the car.

AT is going to do exhaust, filter, blow off valves, wheels, and coil overs next year. I don't need those mods to run around in the snow with.

My *** really as I have claimed before.

My objective opinion seems to upset people for some reason. I speak my mind, I don't rag on other companies or other people unless they start something. Reading into my post are people's own choice. I feel like I am in court or something having to explain every post of mine.

I am no professional, I talk about things like everyone else, i'll back a product by saying it has no problems, or performs better only if I have had a chance to compare it just as I would tell if you if somethign was wrogn with this chip. That would be considered my opinion. Not sure how any of what I post makes AT look bad.

I get attacked for bringing up subjects which might be considered stupid or that I have a lack of knowledge about the car. That enough should tell you that I am just another Audi driver looking to enjoy thier car to the fullest and looking for experienced opinions from other people.

Enough said, since I am the only AT owner here I have to try and explain things with no other input from anyone. Seems that I am at a little disadvantage. I enjoy the chip, I think it does what it is supposed to do very well, enough said, they have a 30 day return policy, try it for yourself. If you don't like it return it. I'm not getting commission here for sales.

So thee you have it, if that helps and I hope it does great. I will try to be a little more vague in my other posts, that seems to make people just read them as opposed to respond to them.

Quick Reply: All of you S4 owners are making me sick...look at yourselves! (1.8T owner)