S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Any mod friendly dealerships in Mass?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any mod friendly dealerships in Mass?

would IRA be one of them since they are hosting the show in august? how about clair in dedham or bernardi in natick?
Old 07-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Elder Member

Don't ask that publically...
Old 07-23-2002, 11:58 AM

We try not to talk about these things on list. The walls have ears. Go to Bostonaudi.org for info...
Old 07-23-2002, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ha! Park Lawrence wouldn't give me an exhaust hanger that broke on my car

with the stock exhaust because I mentioned I was installing a Borla. Maybe it was just the part guys, but they didn't seem to like the word aftermarket.
Old 07-23-2002, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I always think this is funny...if Audi is listening about mods, why not about thefts & other?

I didn't pick your message to reply to for any particular reason, but I've just seen so many people say how a lot of stuff has to be discussed by e-mail or offline because Audi is listening, but then on the other hand there are other people ranting and raving about how Audi doesn't seem to know a darn thing about the theft problem (e.g. NJ/NY) when everyone knows it's been posted like crazy here on the same discussion board. Don't get me wrong, anonymity is great and is crucial on a board like this, but it's too bad that candid discussions of dealerships etc can't be had because people are worried about being tracked down by Audi. Just seems to me that if they had the time and resources to track down the small percentage that mod heavily and post here that they'd have similar resources to address some of the important issues that their customers are concerned about (e.g. flaws in the security system, suggestions for new models, etc). And I'm not naive enough to think that it's not abot money, because I know it is. I realize people figure that if they get caught modding or whatever that their warranty will get denied, and that's a valid worry and is why I haven't modded (except for the coinholder and plate frames, hahahahaha). And Audi would do that to save the financial loss. But by the same argument, Audi sure could lose a lot of money if they don't take note of problems their customers are having because those people may not buy Audi's ever again. So instead of losing a few thousand per customer on bogus warranty work, they're losing tens of thousands because somebody just went and bought a BMW instead. Well, whatever, that's my take on it. Just too bad we have to be so secretive on this board sometimes.

Anyway, sorry, I don't mean to "front", I just needed to share the frustration.

Peace out.
Old 07-23-2002, 12:29 PM

Default No disagreement here. There are more private forums for this sort of thing though. No point, hurting

the rep of a dealer that is reasonable (following the letter of the Magnusson act, etc...) toward mods.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

true true
Old 07-23-2002, 05:02 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clair has the standard policy towards mods...

that is, if they think that audi is not going to reimburse them for the cost associated with fixing whatever's gone wrong with your car, then they're not going to do the work under warranty.

this is the standard policy and it holds at almost every dealership around. i've been to most of them at one time or another with my modded audis.

personally, i like clair because they treat my cars well and treat me well. ymmv.
Old 07-23-2002, 05:02 PM
Elder Member

gimmie a break!
Old 07-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Elder Member

Default agreed.

i'm not sure what makes the folks on this board so paranoid and irrational, but it drives me crazy.

if you want some real fun, post a picture of your car with the license plate showing.

Quick Reply: Any mod friendly dealerships in Mass?