S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

is anyone ever actually working at avalon motorsports? id like some info on the nav sys

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is anyone ever actually working at avalon motorsports? id like some info on the nav sys

does anyone have any info about it (the blaupunkt unit) like the price. i've tried calling since monday, i've left messages and email to no avail.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

did you check their website... I believe they have info and pricing there.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:23 AM
S4J

Default I have similar problems contacting them.

I've left voicemails and have sent several emails, and haven't heard anything.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:26 AM

Default Customer service at most of the Audi tuners are, at best, questionable...

I had to wait over one month for springs/shocks from AWE with no word from them (even after calling/e-mailing several tiems). I've heard bad customer service stuff about Avalon and Strat as well.

Reasons to go with Eric at SPP or other better service-oriented vendors.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They just moved...try emailing zev@avalonmotorsports.com
Old 10-17-2002, 10:34 AM

Default Hmm, we take our customer service very seriously.

I'd love to talk to you about your shopping experience with us.

You have mail.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:48 AM

Default too much to drink last night? because what you're saying doesn't make sense.. :-p

I don't know about others but AWE has been planty helpful when comes to customer service. At least so far from what I've experienced and heard.

And of course there were times when AWE didn't get the product working "PERFECT" the first time, customers, me included, were kinda bitching about it. But that's all expected. ;-)

we seem to be asking ALOT..hehehehe
But we ask alot because their price ain't cheap either. :-D

now, make the price for that CF hood and trunk lid within 3 digits, will ya~ ;-)
Old 10-17-2002, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agreed, but from what I have found, the tuners are totally oblivious to the fact their....

customer service sucks. Most tuners bust their ***'s all day long and simply don't have the man power to handle all the customer's problems. Rember they are only human. There are also things they can't control, like shipments being held hostage at the docks, and their suppliers slacking and holding them up.
Ya, it sucks, but MOST of them do try. I know some tuners could give a rats *** about customer satisfaction, but AWE and Avalon do NOT fall under that catagory.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default why don't people stop buying stuff from tuners who do not respond? (more)

I've bought stuff from various tuners...some respond and some do not. One tuner who has a chronic problem with responding to customers is Avalon. I have bought one thing from them...all I kept hearing was call Zev he's the best. Well, I've never met Zev, I'm sure he's a great guy...but his company's customer service is average. I e-mailed them about their vent mounted boost gauge - no response (over 2 weeks ago) - I went elsewhere. Why don't people just go elsewhere? I don't care if he just moved, if they are running a business they should respond to customers - it's not like they are running the place out of their basements. (By the way, APR and A.W.E. have always responded promptly)
Old 10-17-2002, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor

Default I think someone here tried to call you back.

What is your email address ? We will be happy to help you.

Quick Reply: is anyone ever actually working at avalon motorsports? id like some info on the nav sys