S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

AOA and Dealer "run-around" again

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 04:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AOA and Dealer "run-around" again

well i went in for a service apt to have 3 things looked at

1. Tranny, 3rd gear grinding
2. EGT codes, repetitive DTC's
3. Windshield washer reservoir light

well, after waiting 1hr for a tech to come in my car for a ride, i took him out in the car. The tech told me that the 6speed tranny's aren't as strong as they should be! So needless to say, i couldn't get the damn tranny to grind because u need to be going at least 45-50mph when u shift, so he assumes there's no problem. I leave the car there and go to work. The car had the CE light on when i left.

So i return to pick up my car, and yet again nothing was fixed, well except for the windhield washer light.

The dealer said when they ran their mystical VAG tool, no codes came up? That's a load of BULL****! How can u have a CE light and no codes? I know you can have codes and no light, but not vice-versa. So the dealer flat out lied to me! I know the codes, because they have been repeting themselves for MONTHS!!

My service rep did nothing, and after talking with him he says "when u have a problem, we will fix it." i replied, "i have had the tranny problem for 5thousand miles, fix it!, and the EGT sensors for over 7thousand miles!"

Well i called AOA, made my complaint to a girl with the initials T.D. She vouged to call me back the next business day with some answers, well guess what? She never called back. I told her that I am truly pissed, and why do i pay for a car with 3yrs service that doesn't do any service.

Just at my wits end with these bafoons. What can i do?
Old 07-25-2001, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I feel your pain "bruther", I think I might have some 3rd gear grind too.

I'll try to bring it to the dealership, but I don't think they'll hear anything.
So far the car run well.
Old 07-25-2001, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Call them again and be a pest. I told them that everytime I get in the car

I would call them back until it was fixed. They fixed it the next day. Those call center people are asses.
Old 07-25-2001, 05:16 AM

good idea!
Old 07-25-2001, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Take it to my dealer... Write me and I'll tell you more..
Old 07-25-2001, 05:31 AM

Default called dealer again

he said, "audi knows you modified your car, and we are afraid to warranty it", "but, Andy i know my rights, and unless you can prove a modification I performed is directly responsible for the part/parts failing, i am covered! Never did i modify the EGT sensor nor senders, nor the transmission and gearbox, why are you not fixing anything?" "well, we..............lemme call you back" so that's the story. I am really not happy here, and calling the dealer isn't gonna help. I don't have a chip, i don't need to let the EGT's go screwy and cause other problems either!
Old 07-25-2001, 05:34 AM

too much power for the tranny=]
Old 07-25-2001, 05:38 AM

Default my email is messed up, can u write me

or i will bust a cap in yo *** biaaatch
Old 07-25-2001, 05:39 AM

Default Re: AOA and Dealer "run-around" again

mike's in the same boat. lost 1st-2nd last night. bent 2 rims the night before. driver's side valance is fallin off.
the culas is runnin good though=]
Old 07-25-2001, 05:42 AM

culass triumphs again, damn Mike is gettin shafted too?

Quick Reply: AOA and Dealer "run-around" again