S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ARRRGH! Dealer overfilled my oil and washed my car with pushbrooms (long rant)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i don't let the dealer do anything to my car that I can do myself.

I mean, changing your own oil is fun, nevermind that you KNOW it's getting done right.

free or not, it's not worth the hassle.

was it worth it to you? A lesson learned perhaps....perhaps not.

it is written.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:54 AM

more oil means better right? why did u get Carbeurator as a option, FI is better....
Old 12-28-2001, 10:55 AM

Default Re: ARRRGH!

I put my mobil 1 in the passenger seat. they never seem to forget it that way. I just had my 2500 svc done, (my sch not audi is every 2500), and they did a good job sorry to hear of your dealer prob. is switching dealers an option?
Old 12-28-2001, 10:56 AM

Default ARRRGH! Dealer overfilled my oil and washed my car with pushbrooms (long rant)

I'm in for my 20k mile service with 7 quarts of Mobil 1. The service advisor makes a note of it, but forgets to write it down on the work order. 2 and a half hours later, I get my car back and my oil is still in the car untouched. They apologize and offer me a free oil change at 30k miles or they'll re-change the oil in 30minutes. I opt for the re-change. <b>Grrr...</b>

My dealer didn't give me a loaner even though I did buy my the car from them. That's fine... whatever, but what pissed me off was my salesman who just brushed me off when I asked to take a '02 A4 out for a test drive. It wasn't even a busy day at the dealership. <b>Double grrr....</b>

While I was waiting for the service, I walked around the lot looking at the inventory and happened to see them "washing" my car. They were using PUSH BROOMS on my car. On the hood, on the windows, on the side panels, everywhere. I later checked out the brooms and the plastic bristles were extremely coarse and stiff, I wouldn't even think about using them on my wheels, much less my paint. I normally tell them not to wash my car but the car's filthy and it's been cold and rainy these past few months. Luckily, scratches don't show up easily on imola, but still, PUSH BROOMS?<b>Super grrrr....</b>

So I'm driving home and I notice the oil temp is abnormally high -- 225*, one tick from the middle of the gauge. It's always been at 200*, so what's going on? It's a cool 50 degrees outside so the engine shouldn't be warmer than normal. I'm not pushing the car hard or anything. <b>Extremely pissed off grrr...</b>

I get home and check the oil level... it's waaaay off the dipstick... covering the entire orange marker. Overfilled. They didn't hand me back a partially used bottle of oil. I asked the kid who did my oil change how much oil he had put in... "6.7 or 6.9 quarts, whatever the 2.7t carbeuretor uses." <b>Uh....</b>

What kind of damages did these goons do to my car when they overfilled the oil? I assume they didn't wait long enough to drain out the dino oil they initally used, so that probably accounts for the excess. Who knows if they replaced the oil filter or not. I've filed a complaint with some Audi customer advocate, but I don't know what good that'll do right now.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:57 AM

I drove 2.5 hours to this dealer because the local is much worse, believe it or not
Old 12-28-2001, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Hard to answer the damage question without knowing exactly how much oil is in the engine. If...

it is just a little over full, maybe not any damage. Where did they get the extra Mobil 1? They did drain it completely, right? As far as the washing, bring it to the attention of both the service and sales managers. Inform them you brought the a dirty vehicle, and they return you a scratched vehicle. You are not happy with the service and would appreciate a full polish & wax service performed by a outside (third party) detailer. The general manager probably should also be in on this. Good Luck.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:59 AM

Default yeah, good luck is right....

whoa boy..
Old 12-28-2001, 11:00 AM

What is the "recommended" oil change duration?
Old 12-28-2001, 11:01 AM

Default Owners manual states that possible catalytic converter damage...

if you overfill the engine with oil. Dunno how much over it really becomes an issue though.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:06 AM

I believe its 10,000 miles but I never follow the rules 5000 is my max for oil

Quick Reply: ARRRGH! Dealer overfilled my oil and washed my car with pushbrooms (long rant)