S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Arrrrrgh! One of my fog lights is cracked!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arrrrrgh! One of my fog lights is cracked!

I doubt that this will be covered under warranty. You'd think that Audi would use plexiglass instead of glass for such an exposed surface though.

Anyone know how much is this going to cost me? Is it easy to replace the fog light myself or should I take it into the dealer?
Old 04-03-2001, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Arrrrrgh! my front subframe is bent... wanna trade?

still waiting for the $590 front subframe to arrive at the dealer... hopefully this part will do the trick and the car will align...

18 weeks and counting without my S4... almost 4.5 months...

I've had the dealer loaner so long, I think I need to schedule service for it!

its all relative isn't it RogDog!

RocketJohn
one patient muthaphucka...<ul><li><a href="http://www.rocketjohn.com">The World of RocketJohn</a></li></ul>
Old 04-03-2001, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yikes...that sucks...how did you get a loaner on bent sub-frame?

What happended?
Old 04-03-2001, 08:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Not under warrantee. Comprehensive insurance.

It's about $150 for assembly. Dealers can get them and Clair Parts has them. You can't just get a lens. Check previous posts for installation. I just went through this.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default do what I did...

get hit by some dumbass running a red light so it gets replaced for free together with your whole bumper cover courtesy of dumbass's insurance company.

j/k

foglight assembly costs around $100. Get it replaced then apply some thick stongard or xpel film over it to prevent future damage from road debris.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:42 PM

Yeah, I know. But I would've liked to have gone at least a month before I had to replace a part. :-\
Old 04-03-2001, 08:45 PM

I have a ClearBra install scheduled for 4/28. Well, at least it didn't happen the day before, huh?
Old 04-03-2001, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default here is my story... if you have time... :)

November 28th, my friend was helping me transport my S4 as I was in my Land Cruiser... he was swiftly run off the road by a Black Expedition and into a curb, that bent my right front and rear suspension, yet not paint was scratched...

Two weeks go by as my insurance and the dealer argue about how much it will cost...

Two and a half months go by waiting for a front steering knuckle...

Car won't align...

Wait a month for new front strut links cuz Audi keeps sending wrong parts...

Car still won't align bumpsteer...

Car sent to body shop to measure what's wrong...

Two weeks go by before someone realizes the subframe is not completely straight...

Three weeks and still waiting for subframe to arrive...

over 4.3 months have gone by... no paintwork even required! and still no S4...

After 45 days into this fiasco, the dealer gave me a stripper A6 FWD sedan... I have put almost 4,000 miles since then... I haven't even had to put snow tires on this year... I requested Audi to reimburse some lease payments, and they denied my request, since it wasn't warranty related...

BUT, I take great pleasure knowing that most of my company knows how they have treated me, cuz its been ONE LONG time since they have seen the Yellow Car in the parking lot... and knowing that Audi will lose out on those future/potential sales gives me comfort at night as I sleep...

Basically, I appreciate the technology of my S4 and really miss it... and I have zero respect for Audi of America, cuz they think that short changin' me out of a few payments will keep their overall bottomline strong, all the while never realizing the REAL dollars lost over the next ten years, due to their total and complete incompetence...

To put it in perspective... I am engaged to a beautiful woman in Austin, Texas who has traveled several times to Colorado since December but has never seen my car, that's how long its been!

She thinks I own a brown A6! And she's still with me! That PROVES she loves me!

RocketJohn
6 mos. of bachelorhood left... who knows when the S4 will be back...<ul><li><a href="http://www.rocketjohn.com">The World of RocketJohn</a></li></ul>
Old 04-03-2001, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Replacement ran me $143 (or was it $153?) directly from audi... 10 mins to fix. Get clearbra'd.

I learned the hardway too. =(
Old 04-04-2001, 04:35 AM

Default plexiglass vs. glass would be a rough call.

Glass is more durable... to a point. Plexiglas will cloud over very quickly from even the small road "dust" that it will encounter that low.

Get Xpel headlight and fog light protection, and replace that when it gets "foggy".

Quick Reply: Arrrrrgh! One of my fog lights is cracked!