S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Attn: All NJ/NY metro area audi/ S4 enthusiasts - NEXT EVENT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Attn: All NJ/NY metro area audi/ S4 enthusiasts - NEXT EVENT!

what do you guys think of having an Audi meet sometime in early April with the main event being Go-Kart racing? there is a place in East Hanover , NJ ( 35 mins. west of the "Crabhouse, 10 mins. north of the Livinston Mall) that has indoor electric Go-Karts on a pretty cool twisty circuit.
Tifosi I checked this place out this past Sat. and Sunday, we did several races, and it was allot of fun. The Karts reach a top speed of 22 mph which is pretty darn fast for an indoor electric circuit. The place also has many family oriented activities such as batting cages, food court (Neville i knew that caught your attention)arcades, a HUGE 2 story jungle gym for little kids, and things of that nature; think of it as Chuck E Cheezes on steroids. Therefore guys with families and girlfriends ( you know who you are - i have a debadged black S4 and a silver S4 in mind respectively) can bring the whole family unit and they can either watch us race, or play somewhere else in the complex.
As for prices, on weekends, each race is $7 and you have to wait on line and race with whoever else is at the location (i went on a busy sat night and waited no longer than 15 mins. on line), on weekdays each race is $6, the best deal seems to be on Firday nights, wich gets you UNLIMITED raceing for $14. I also looked into renting the place out privately, and that was $500 per hour, a little steep i thought, even if we get a big turnout; therefore friday night seems to be the best deal.

Let me know what you guys think!!

Al
Old 03-26-2001, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm totally into renting the place out! With a moderate turnout (25 ppl) it's $25/person/hr.
Old 03-26-2001, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cool w/ me,but if we get a BIG turnout of ie. 24+ an hour just might not be enough time, we also (M)

then have to make some kind of sence of how the races will be run and if there is interest, an organized sence of some kind of tournament. we also have to remember that ther are ALWAYS walk ins for our events; and that might complicate things also. i like the concept of renting out the place, that way we dont have to worry about the other people @ the place; but economically, i like the friday night special in which $14 gets you UNLIMITED racing all night.
remember, we have a few weeks to figure things out. lets either post suggestions, or email me.

Al
Old 03-26-2001, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good idea, i will bring the LI contingent.

i want a silver go-cart