S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Beating a DH (Dead Horse)...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-1999, 06:03 AM
Eric H.

Default Beating a DH (Dead Horse)...

I hate to keep bringing this up, but, so far, DH has failed to cite a single review in support of his 11/7 postings DISing the S4. Please post cites to any such articles below. Thank you.
Old 11-12-1999, 06:22 AM
DisDH

If we ignore him, maybe he'll go away...
Old 11-12-1999, 06:23 AM
Brad Franklin

Default Re: Beating a DH (Dead Horse)...

Believe me, don't put so much weight in magazine articles (not just about the S4, but in general). Many times they're not accurate. Cars that are in the same performance class are a matter of preference. Many prefer the S4's torque curve, refinement, AWD, and smooth understated looks. Many prefer the M3's "old school" look, rear wheel drive, steering feedback, and raw edge (while not sacrificing a back seat). Many prefer the Chevy Corvette's comfy cockpit combined with the muscular and rowdy V8. And on and on. If DH has a preference, let him state it. If he is annoying about it, ignore him - I seriously hope anything he says cannot detract from your love of the S4. I don't know about anything else, but I really don't care whether he posts references to magazine articles or not

Now go drive!

Brad
Old 11-12-1999, 06:25 AM
dh

Default I already covered this ealier

Sorry this was in an ealier post,

1, i have over 500 mags and to go back through each of them to find 10 odd articles would take a very long time,

2, im working everyday (incl sat and sun) until 21st of december so i have NO time

3, www.rs4.org currently takes up 21mb and so doesnt have the space to take it, so i will have to start a new site.

4, My points are still valid as i have owned a wealth of sports cars, from stutgart, japan, UK and incl a UrQuattro and a 90V 20v Quattro, so i 100% stand by my post and my views of the S4, although i sdmit i could have worded it better.

5, I actually own an S4 00 model.

I will do it but its gonna be early new year im affraid, but if u didnt like my comments your gonna hate these reviews, in one the S4 is beaten by a Volvo !

Dave Hedgehog
Old 11-12-1999, 06:26 AM
dh

Whats the VIN number of your S4 ?
Old 11-12-1999, 06:28 AM
DisDH

None of your business...
Old 11-12-1999, 06:31 AM
Grammar Police

Cite is a verb, not a noun
Old 11-12-1999, 06:34 AM
Hmmmmm.

Looks like we have a High School student among us, or is it Junior High???
Old 11-12-1999, 06:56 AM
Matt Daniels

Default My god, why don't you leave this guy alone?

I've read his posts and have never found anything wrong with what he says, he's entitled to his opinion. He's stated numurous times that he's an S4 owner and he's also the owner/editor of the RS4.Org website (no affiliation to the A4.Org website). He's not a troll, he's not posting flame bait, he's just posting his opinion. He didn't like the S4 in stock form, he modified it and now he's happy. Would you please drop this stupid subject?

Matt
Old 11-12-1999, 06:58 AM
loreon

Here, here!

Quick Reply: Beating a DH (Dead Horse)...