S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Before this starts getting ridiculous,here's the story

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before this starts getting ridiculous,here's the story

I organized a group purchase with Vortrag Motorsports for their CF Vented hoods. Aprox 10 people were among my group, including myself. We ALL payed 50% in advance, and the agreement was to pay the remainder upon shipping confirmation. To the best of my knowledge, the majority of my group has recieved their hoods, I HAVE NOT! I payed just like everyone else. I did not take any money from people, all payments were made directly to Vortrag. I tried to update everyone as needed, and i feel that the members of MY GROUP know what is going on. The turbo5 group is not associated with mine, they have their own problems. I will not assume any responsibility for orders or payments, as i am a consumer here too. I tried to get members a good deal, and also a deal for myself, but the situation changed. I had NO IDEA this would happen, and i have several people who can vouge for me on this. I would not "rip-off" anyone here, i don't need to be dishonest to make money. I am offended that some idiot made a post like that about me in such a "kindergarden" fashion! I have yet to recieve my hood also, and am in a position to loose my money also. Thanks for reading this, and if you are a memeber of my initial group, please send me an e-mail so i can get to the bottom of this ASAP
Old 07-24-2001, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

And you wanted to do another group with Zaph.. I got your back, bro ...
Old 07-24-2001, 07:26 AM

Me too!!!
Old 07-24-2001, 07:28 AM

Default I did not particpate in this particular buy because there were no carbon fiber "bull horn"

attachment inserts for my car. ( I will leave this one for all of you to figure out). However, I will vouch for Dave on this one. He did nothing wrong here, and the lynch mob is totally off base.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Good Luck Dave. Hopefully you'll get the hood or the refund.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:42 AM
Former Vendor

Default When companies like Vortrag go under ....

It is a detriment to the entire performance enthusiast community. I do not pretend to have any insider info but, from what I have read here over time leads me to some conclusions. #1 you can't borrow from future purchasers to cover current customers. Bad financial planning such as they have been practicing is not the customers fault. #2 People who have been actively organizing "group buys" could have been detrimental to the viability of the company creating lower profit margins. When a person calls and says "I know the product XYZ has been purchased for 10% less by (fill in any name here)". The "group buy" mentality hurts the profit margin for any product forever. Companies in financial stress are always short sighted and need cash flow, but cash flow with little or no profit margin is not a good thing. #3 It is obvious that they had some very good products but, didn't have the managerial ability to maintain there companies viability because of the "whoring" of the market place in which they willing participated . Good performance products are not a "mines cheaper" type of product. If that was the case nobody would have an S4.
There will be many companies trying to fill the void that the exit of Vortrag has left. Be very cautious of start-ups who promise the world and offer great pricing. In the internet age we live in many people have web-sites with no over-head and have nothing to lose. I have heard countless stories about companies taking deposits and vanishing. As consumers you have to be diligent and cautious because it's your hard earned money that's at risk.
#4 Nobody should be blaming anyone other than Vortrag for the problems that have arisen because of their failure to operate their business correctly.

Luke
Old 07-24-2001, 07:46 AM

I can vouch for this from years of raising start up funds be careful when sending people big $$$$
Old 07-24-2001, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Luke

But in your statement about margins, I see your point, but in sales, it is better to take a loss in profits/margins if it means getting the sale. Your company is a prime example of taking a lesser margin by offering tires cheaper than anywhere else. NTB and Mueller are 2 local tire companies in my area who get their "special order" tires from you guys and then upcharge the customer. This is why I get the tires from you and then go to one of these places and get them mounted and balanced and I still come out ahead. In all, there are so many companies like the one under fire that go out of business because they have salesmen/women running the show and no financial persons dictating what can/can't be done as far as S&OP.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:56 AM

Default cash is cash but companies can only afford to sell products at a loss for so long

and belive it or not MOST companies don't have a true idea of how much a product costs!
Old 07-24-2001, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Only if they don't have financial analysts

Quick Reply: Before this starts getting ridiculous,here's the story