S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

BEWARE OF CHERRY HILL (N.J.) IMPORTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-1999, 06:29 AM
quikslvrS4

Default BEWARE OF CHERRY HILL (N.J.) IMPORTS!!!

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT CHERRY HILL IMPORTS!!!i have a cat back exhaust system totally warranty compliant and they were trying to get the audi rep out to void the warranty...not because IT was warranty illegal but because i didnt buy my car from them!!!i had the car ordered through them but they couldn't get me the car for 8 weeks!!!i wound up driving 2 hours to Bellavia Audi in north jersey...what a great dealership they are the nicest group of people i've ever met...willing to help in any way!!!and the best part about it is i wound up saving $1000 on the car...i highly recommenend Bellavia Audi, and my salesmen Stan Osborne!!!by the way they have 3 S4's in stock,i would not under any circumstances buy a car or have it serviced at cherry hill imports...*******S!!!!!!the moral of the story is i have factory defective transmission(i'm not the only one)and a new one had to be ordered but i had to drive 2 hours and take off a day of work to find this out because thats what cherrhy hill imports suggested...i'm thinking $16 for a parade permit and $6 an hour for my 18 yr old brother and a few of his friends to picket might be money well spent!!!
Old 12-04-1999, 07:08 AM
Kate

Please tell us more about your tranny problems, symptoms, etc.
Old 12-04-1999, 01:24 PM
quikslvrS4

Default Re: Please tell us more about your tranny problems, symptoms, etc.

i was having problems getting the trans to go into 1st and second gear smoothly...it was something i thought would go away with the break in because it wasnt that bad!!!well my wife was driving it and downshifted coming to a light and it locked up in second..it became very hard to shift...so i took it to the SELLING dealer yesterday and they ordered a new transmission...
Old 12-05-1999, 02:00 AM
Adrian Bryars

Notchy gears 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd after 20,000 miles.
Winning gear box also 3rd & 4th.
Old 12-05-1999, 07:17 AM
quikslvrS4

better get it into the dealer
Old 12-05-1999, 09:34 AM
Kate

Souns like same exact problem a friend of mine who also bought S4 has..what a pisser already
Old 12-05-1999, 10:53 PM
Jerry

Default Re: If you didn`t buy it there why would you bring it to them for service

I also own an s4 , i bought mine at Cherry Hill Imports and it is the 3rd car I have bought from them. My salesman was great, in fact spent about 2 hours going over the car with me , introduced me to service, and the sales manager even came up to me and thanked me. Have had the car for about a month now and I`m not experiencing any problems with it, then again i don`t drive it like an ******* ( get the point) Balavia wouldn`t match the deal Cherry Hill gave me and they were arrogant to me over the phone. I am the type of person that gets my car serviced where I buy it, I figure if they treated me right in the first place then then will continue so, and that has always been the case with CH Imports. So maybe you were acting like an ******* and got treated like one!
Old 12-06-1999, 04:16 AM
quikslvrS4

Default Re: If you didn`t buy it there why would you bring it to them for service

i brought it there because it is close to my house...i originally ordered it through cherry hill but they couldnt produce a car or match Bellavia's price...i don't drive nor act like an *******, but when i'm mistreated, i do tend to make things right!!!thats why im lodging a formal complaint with audi of america, and contemplating getting a parade permit and having my younger brother and his friends picket them on saturdays, see how they like being ****ed with, they picked the wrong ******* to **** with!!!they were the bunch of *******s for trying to void my warranty for a cat back exhaust system especially since it was perfectly warranty legal!!!also sounds like you are taking this a little personal you wouldnt happen to work for them would you...you sound like the kind of guy who likes to talk a good game behind a keyboard!!!
Old 12-06-1999, 05:07 AM
quikslvrS4

i have the right as a consumer to get my car serviced for factory problems(i am not the only person experiencing transmission problems in the S4)wherever i want,the bottom line was i didnt buy the car from them and they were really bogged down in the service dept. because of the holidays..they suggested that i take it to the selling dealer and have it serviced there because of the length and type of service...ie i was going to tie up 1 of their rental cars and parking spots for a few weeks, well thats all fine and i'd have no problem getting it serviced elsewhere but to try and skirt the issue by saying i have a voided warranty is ludicrous,wrong and immoral...all they had to be is forthright with me from the beginning and all of this could have been avoided!!!the bottom line is if you dont buy your car from them they dont treat you correctly!!!i hope you never have to go through what i had to go through w/ them!!!
Old 12-06-1999, 06:40 AM
Jerry

You got me , I work there...not. Well at least you were right when you called yourself an *******. Hey ,1 out of 2 isn`t bad. I personally don`t have a problem with them, and I think the picket thing would be a waste of time and money, but it would further enforce your new name and probably won`t affect them but, I think with my brain not sit on it.Hope Balavia gets you a new transmission and it doesn`t have any more problems.Me I`ll just keep driving and enjoying blasting past you and your rental car!