S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Birds Eye Maple, Aluminium, Carbon Fiber, Oh my! (a bit long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-1999, 06:56 PM
CraigL

Default Birds Eye Maple, Aluminium, Carbon Fiber, Oh my! (a bit long)

It's interesting -- if you get the Birds Eye Maple trim, you get a hell of a lot more of it than if you get Aluminum! JFR's looks great with that bit of the console and shifter area covered in it! My aluminum has a grand total of 5 pieces! (one for each door + console)

The aluminium might be a bit bright to put on there, which leads me to this thought.. WHY ISN'T CARBON FIBER AN OPTION! It's so silly! These cars are built on the same line as the European and UK models which have CF.

I've had the opportunity to see the carbon fiber trim in person on an S4 (the one Jason reviewed that was at AoA's headquarters last year) and it hands down smokes both trims offered here.

Can someone in Europe or the UK _please_ call their dealership and get a quote on the entire set of Carbon Fiber trim? I can't be the only person on this forum who would be interested in importing a set.

-Craig
'00 S4 (with aluminum)
Old 09-22-1999, 06:57 PM
CraigL

Sorry about the spelling. It's late, and I'm far too lazy to spellcheck tonight =)
Old 09-22-1999, 07:44 PM
Scot Kight

Default You arent the only one. Count me in on some carbon fiber.

I am also all for the carbon fiber. Please let me know what you find out.

Scot
Old 09-22-1999, 07:56 PM
T

Default Re: Birds Eye Maple, Aluminium, Carbon Fiber, Oh my! (a bit long)

I'm not sure if the S4 and A4 interiors are identical, but LLtek (www.lltek.com to order free catalog) offers a variety of trim in many colors and styles. Included among those is a carbon fiber look? trim set, which includes almost all of the finished surfaces for the interior.

-=t
S4 '00 (not soon enough!)
Old 09-22-1999, 09:29 PM
Scot McKay

I'd have taken the carbon fiber also. Nothing says "killer performance" like it.
Old 09-23-1999, 04:00 AM
Stephe G

Default Re: No CF probably because....

of their previous experience when they offered it on the previous S4/6. The CF trim was standard and customers complained that it was not as elegant looking as the walut burl. There was also a perception that it was cheaper than the wood. They then discontinued it and used walnut burl for the trim. My wife has the wood on her S6 wagon and it does look very classy and I prefer it compared to CF. I'm getting the wood on my S4.
Old 09-23-1999, 04:11 AM
CraigL

Default Well..(more)

They don't need to make it a 'standard' feature. Let the people who want it, get it as a no-cost option. Can it really cost Audi _that_ much money to say "yeah, you can get carbon fiber with your S4"? As I said before, US-bound cars are built on the same lines in Ingolstadt as the Euro and UK cars -- it can't be THAT hard to slap a set a CF interior in there

-Craig
'00 S4
Old 09-23-1999, 05:04 AM
donnie c.

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Is Available!

Carbon Fiber is available, at least at my dealer here in Houston (Momentum). It's classified as a dealer installed option. Cost is $295. I'm not sure however, whether or not it is an Audi part or aftermarket. Check with your dealers or have them call Momentum. Good luck.
Old 09-23-1999, 05:30 AM
CraigL

Just called my dealer, they know nothing about this..
Old 09-23-1999, 06:52 AM
mpm

No proper Teuton, would be caught w/o their carbon fiber

Quick Reply: Birds Eye Maple, Aluminium, Carbon Fiber, Oh my! (a bit long)