S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

careercadaver's 2000 Nogaro S4

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default careercadaver's 2000 Nogaro S4

Picked up a 2000 S4 w/ Alcantara inserts last fall and have really enjoyed the car thus far. Still doing my research but the eventual goal will be to go Stage 3, likely K04's with a moderate tune. Dont really need anything too massive in terms of HP but I would like more than the stock 250 and something generally unique.

Lots of service done, including timing belt and water pump, All 4 O2 Sensors, EGT Sensors, both rear wheel bearings and right front as well, accessory belt, all cam shaft seals and valve cover gaskets, both side lower control arms, both left side upper control arms, ABS module rebuilt, new power steering pump, new central locking pump, 1st and 2nd gear synchro's and shift collar. All within the last 10K miles.

Upgrades include:

RS6 Wheels
-Tein Basics
-JHM Trio Short Shifter Package
-NGK Spark Plugs
-JHM 4:1 center diff upgrade
-35% Tint
-VAST Lightweight Flywheel
-Custom 4 Puck Clutch
-RS4 Pressure Plate
-Alpine IVA-W505

Here's a few pics: (Day I got it)

Installed the headunit and have a had a few problems, seems to want to work well for a week and not randomly. Got some gremlins to conquer. The Bose system really left something to be desired and I was very unhappy with the 3.5" front speakers so I replaced the rear door and deck speakers with some Boston Acoustic SE55's and had some custom door baffles made to accomidate my 6.5" Focal Utopia Component Speakers.

I've also picked up a few items here and there. Bought a Podi guage pod from a vendor over on Audizine that was liquidating stock, still shopping for the guage but I'm thinking VEI. Also, grabbed a lip spoiler for the trunk that I plan to paint Nogaro as well.

Also grabbed StopTech rotors and some Hawk HPS Pads and a set of BBS RXII's 18X8.5 et32 that I'm having Falken 452's (234/40) mounted this week.

Not certain I will leave them black. I was thinking a braushed look initially but found a good deal on these so I decided to grab them while I could.

Hoping to have most of this buttoned up over the weekend. I'll snap more pics after everything is together. Having fun thus far. But I've been having a few little things go wrong. The Climate Control unit had been making some noise and recently died on me along with those electronic issues I'd mentioned above. I'll get it squared away...
Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ya man, your car looks great! I like it. Good luck
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Whoa man, sweet ride.
Did you tint your windshield?
If you did, it looks great.
Does it make it hard to see out? What percentage?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Peter Gozinya
Whoa man, sweet ride.
Did you tint your windshield?
If you did, it looks great.
Does it make it hard to see out? What percentage?
Windshield is tinted, 35% all around. A little tricky at night depending on how well lit the area is. Was going to upgrade the headlight bulbs to combat that a little bit but the car Sold about two weeks ago and I forgot to update this thread...
Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

CAR IS SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not allowed to edit my posts for some reason but it's gone!!!