S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Class Action Lawsuit "Audi vs. Owners". How many of you would join on this? (more, long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2000, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just be careful here, Audi has plenty of resources on their side.

I don't personally own one, but have been lead Audi tech and service manager at a dealer. I understand the letter of the law as far as mods go, and personally, I would never deny warranty coverage just because of simple mods. I would, however, encourage you folks to pursue these issues on their own merit. Most of the time, when faced with an educated perspective, the dealer personell will tend to acquiesce.

Just my 2c, but I am curious how this all pans out.
Old 10-02-2000, 07:00 PM

Default THAT'D be nice, but whatever is needed will be done to give them some of their own chocolate

It's just matter of people together and they know it .

Who knows, they may be reading this and they may realize 'giving up' it's the only honorable option by now.

But if they want it hard, lets see what a little publicity can make, I think they may recall a bad experience of that kind uh ?

I bet that would ashame them and give them a reality dose of how companies survive in the new millenium.

We shall see...
Old 10-02-2000, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Class Action Lawsuit "Audi vs. Owners". How many of you would join on this? (more, long)

What expense are you talking about leaving your car at the dealer 2-3 days? Never mind that the TBB takes any dealer half a day at that. I think that the few numbers of major problem cars pale in comparison to the expense such a lawsuit would bring in decreased resale value. That says nothing to the notion of having a class certified based on three or four trannies (if that) and some rubber hoses. And thats the bottom line, cause stone cold said so. SJM
Old 10-02-2000, 07:11 PM
mpm

Me too...
Old 10-02-2000, 07:11 PM

Default HELLO.. We are talking about not proving it was the mod's fault

It's the same fairy tale, AND after seeing many of the posts that have shown pathetic technician jobs, it's hard to believe they got any experience or training..

Heck, they can't make sure all the hoses are in before closing the hood, I doubt they can make an expert resolution about major parts failure.

I consider myself an 8 in a 10 scale for putting things back together, that kind of omission can be awarded a shameful 6, I have never been AUDI trained (nor I am a mechanic), get
the idea ?
Old 10-02-2000, 07:14 PM

Default Very true, it's peanuts, can you tell that to AOA

so they stop denying repairs ??
Old 10-02-2000, 07:23 PM

Default I'm seeing an attorney on Thursday about my issues...

I live in a remote area of the country and was told by my dealer that I could have maintenance and warranty work done locally to save the 2 day trip to the nearest dealer. The first two maintenance intervals went fine, but now I've been told that they can't do it any longer. I paid for excellent service and now find that they are backing out of the arrangement without remorse or apologies. When I spoke with the "Customer Service Advocate" at Audi I was told that all work on the car had to be done by an Audi dealer and that I would not be reimbursed for anyone else working on the car. This is a potentially big dollar matter if anything goes wrong with the car or it needs warranty/recall work. I'm really torqued at Audi, so spoke with an attorney today about the matter and will meet with him (in person) on Thursday.
By the way - this isn't just a "chip" issue. My car isn't chipped (though I'm considering it). This is all about how Audi honors it's obligation to provide service and warranty work that we've paid a premium for when we purchased their product.
Old 10-02-2000, 07:28 PM

It doesnt cost you anything! If found responsible, Audi must also pay lawer fees.
Old 10-02-2000, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default And now we get into another topic entirely....

...First of all, I consider myself a 10 out of 10 for putting parts back together correctly, but here's the rub: Audi is one of the worst as far as paying their techs a decent flat-rate time in order to complete repairs properly. On average, at the dealer where I worked, just about every guy that worked on cars there would get paid about 37.5 hours for every hour that they were on the clock.
When doing a warranty job, there is a fixed amount of time to diagnose and complete a repair. Unfortunately, in order to feed the kids and pay for the house, there is some corner-cutting that takes place. Yes, you the owner that has paid $40k+ for your car is the victim of this situation.
Personally, I think the resolution to this problem is in the techs hands. If we were paid a fixed salary instead of this 'incentive to work faster' program, a more quality repair would be the ultimate result.
If there's some way to work this angle into a possible suit, I'd be all for it.....if I were still an Audi tech.
Old 10-02-2000, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I don't think you have enough for a class action law suit.

I really think a lot of the issues have to deal with dealer service and dealer treatment of customers. AoA cannot be sued for this as most of them are independently owned.

That DOESN'T mean that you can't get a petition together and tell them you are going to the media. Personally, going to the media is hell of a lot cheaper and effective than a suit like this will ever be.

As for the resale value. I don't really care about the resale value. If I was concerned, I would have bought a Mercedes instead.

So, my suggestion is getting together a petition clarifying the issues you have with Audi of America, and their dealership network.

You might get the A6/TT folks in on this as they have their own issues and gripes.

Hmmm. Should I look in to the B-Car to replace the S-Car?

Quick Reply: Class Action Lawsuit "Audi vs. Owners". How many of you would join on this? (more, long)