S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ClearBra--overall satisfaction???? Is $1k too much for full frontal wrap...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ClearBra--overall satisfaction???? Is $1k too much for full frontal wrap...

including entire hood, front end, fender flares, mirrors??? Seems a bit steep--installed by the ClearBra guys in Utah during trip to SF Bay area.
Is this detectable? Does it reduce the "shine" of the paint?
Also concerned about potential need for removal and potential damage to paint underneath.
I hate paint chips and sandblasting of the front end, but I don't want to get scammed into buying some plastic crap that makes my car look ugly and costs too much.
Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:59 PM

Default Where in the bay area ya at? There's a bunch of us around w/CB installed, and shouldn't be a

problem for one of us to show you our car. I know of 2 around Marin (including me), and there's a few in the S.Bay. Dunno about peninsula/e.bay.

It's a little steep, but not having to worry about rock chips, broken headlight covers, etc is great

Also, if you do a search in the archives, people have taken a buncha pics of their installs. From the last batch, I know tmblue took some, and I did too (under BSOD). There's a slight texture you can see, but only at certain angles, and if you look closely. Gets a bit better over time. Basically it's fine, unless you're entering a car show or something (dunno how they'd feel about CB). Most people don't even notice it.
Old 04-10-2001, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm in Milpitas, you can check out my page too.. You tell me if there is a reduction in shine

Also remember this is not a vinyl, this stuff breathes and I have seen it being removed from a car, no issues, was really nice to see the removal process as well.

Tory<ul><li><a href="http://home.pacbell.net/tmblue/clearbra.html">go here to see pics during install of clearbra..</a></li></ul>
Old 04-10-2001, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I am in the North Bay, but I could make a trip down this weekend if convenient for you...

please email me if there is any time or any place this weekend (particularly Sunday) I could meet you. I appreciate your offer even if you can't do it (I'll be out of the country for the next 2 weeks after that and the ClearBra people are coming once I get back--so after Sunday I'll have to wing it).
Thanks a lot
Old 04-10-2001, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Excellent pics...thanks
Old 04-10-2001, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm in San Rafael and I'm free whenever - shoot me an email if you want to check it out
Old 04-10-2001, 11:06 PM

Damn, your lazy *** still didn't find a job yet??? j/k
Old 04-10-2001, 11:09 PM

I'm in San Rafael too. Sunday's fine for me as well.....mini NORTH BAY starbucks MEET SUN ?
Old 04-10-2001, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: I'm in San Rafael too. Sunday's fine for me as well.....mini NORTH BAY starbucks MEET SUN :) ?

If you could e-mail me directions (or just the address and town) Sunday would be excellent--around noon OK?? I'll be in the silver 4.2.
Thanks
Old 04-11-2001, 03:01 AM
Elder Member

Default Its worth it.

2000 S4 w/out clearbra: chips a day after I bought it

2001 S4 w/clearbra: no chips a month later.

Quick Reply: ClearBra--overall satisfaction???? Is $1k too much for full frontal wrap...