S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Color??

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-1999, 10:05 PM
DeanO

Default Color??

I don't think I've been this stressed out over a car color decision in my life...

I want the yellow, but I'm scared 2 years from now I'll be upset with that choice.

Maybe if I buy two.....

Seriously though, is there anyone here who got the yellow? Ever owned yellow before?

Has anyone seen the yellow in person? Is it washed out like BMW's? Or is it full and rich like the Ferrari's? Would I be nuts to pair it with silver leather?

I think I've got it narrowed down to Nogaro Blue, Imola Yellow or the Silver with Silver Leather interior.

Please, someone decide for me!
Old 10-13-1999, 02:15 AM
Marc

Default Re: Color??

Imola yellow is very nice. Saw a few S4 Avants in Switzerland. The color is not washed out like the BMW's it is more bright like the Ferrari's.

I also thought about the yellow Avant but I was also scared to find me in some months or years being upset of that choice. The same also with Nogaro blue, so I decided for the achat grey (which is a dark grey pearl effect and is not available in north america). Taking a color like black or silver is always a good decision as I think it will remain attractif forever.

Marc
'00 S4 Avant (Dec)
Old 10-13-1999, 05:43 AM
KDK

Go with the silver like I did if you don't want it stick out. If you want to be noticed, I'd go for the blue over the yellow. The silver looks great with the silver leather interior.
Old 10-13-1999, 02:48 PM
RJS

Choosing an S4 color truly is a difficult decision. Typically, I have found that each model car has characteristics that make it look great in certain colors and horrible or average in others. The S4 is perhaps the exception to this rule.

If you can bear waiting, you might try to see the colors you are considering in person. Imola Yellow is quite attractive--it is a deep ferrari yellow. I saw it with Onxy interior and that combination was stunning. It definitely sticks out in the crowd, however. Same with Nogaro and Laser Red. Attractive, but bright.

Silver is the signature color of German cars, and, while attractive, certainly blends in with other cars, if that is what you are looking for.

I like black, because it is a traditional sports car color, yet also stealthy. Those who have had a black car, however, bemoan how hard it is to keep clean.

Since I've hit most of the color palette, let me go on record as saying I also like Cactus Green and Santorin Blue. I've never seen a Hibiscus Red, so I'm withholding judgment on that color, although it, too, probably looks damn good on the S4.

Sorry this is has been no help whatsoever, but I sympathize with your indecision....
Old 10-13-1999, 02:53 PM
you'll have to do the rest!

S4 signature colors...Nogaro Blue OR Imola Yellow...SIGNATURE COLORS!
Old 10-13-1999, 03:40 PM
Alf

I always buy black for 2 reasons. One, you never get sick of it and two, while its hard to keep clean, it looks absolutely amazing when it is clean.

Good Luck, Its a tough question.
Old 10-13-1999, 04:32 PM
Scot McKay

Silver Rocks!!! Check it out next to the Yellow one.
Old 10-13-1999, 05:08 PM
Steve S.

Default Sorry....no can do black again...bad carma

Seriously...black is a bitch to keep clean....I have had two black cars...one used ...and one new....after about 12-16 months...my black car looked dark grey. I will never buy a black car again.

Steve S.
97 2.8QM

P.S. Alf, I think I work down the street from you...on Tasman
Old 10-14-1999, 05:35 AM
alf

Default Re: Sorry....no can do black again...bad carma

Sorry Steve but I'm in the Toronto office.

Have fun