S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Considering cancelling my UUC VelociMax order (please read)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2000, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering cancelling my UUC VelociMax order (please read)

I was very happy with UUC's short-shifter. It arrived quickly after I ordered it and, much to my surprise, I managed to install it myself. Definitely a big improvement over the stock shifter.

So, when I saw that they were developing an exhaust, I took an immediate interest. I placed my pre-order on March 3rd after a lengthy email exchange with Ben Liaw. Despite mixed reviews on this forum, I was eager to get it.

A week or so after I placed the order, I sent an email off to Ben asking when they expected to be able to fill my order. There were some delays up until a week-and-a-half ago when I was told it would ship "tomorrow." After leaving several voice mails over a period of several days, I eventually got a hold of Rob via phone. Again, I was told it would ship "tomorrow."

After I left a few more voice mails trying to get a UPS tracking number, I again got a hold of Rob (by chance it seems), only to be told that my exhause would be shipped out "tomorrow" for sure.

Well, I'm going to Pahrump (sp?) next weekend for the Quattro Club Driving School and I really wanted to have my exhaust upgraded for the event. At this point, that seems unlikely. UUC has been yanking my chain for nearly two weeks now and I still don't have any confirmation that the exhaust has shipped. To the best of my knowledge, it's been sitting in a box in UUC's office for several days.

At this point, I think UUC should either eat the cost of shipping the exhaust to me by the fastest possible means, or cancel my order. What do you guys think? Am I being unreasonable?
Old 03-31-2000, 08:05 PM
CMM
AudiWorld Member

Not at all...you have every reason to be upset
Old 03-31-2000, 08:19 PM

Default Welcome to the world of car-tuning (more)

I totally understand what you are saying, but I'm afraid you might have to live with it. I have dealt with that exact same stuff from all the favorite vendors, Vortrag, APR, UUC, etc. I, too, have an exhaust on order with UUC, and hoped to have it on the car for Pahrump, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I guess what I'm getting at is that you are not the only one experiencing this, and certainly not the first. It is definitely very frustrating, but where else are you gonna get the product you want? Exactly, nowhere.

Anyway, cheer up. I'll see you at Pahrump, exhaustless.

Corey S
00 Nogaro S4
Old 03-31-2000, 08:40 PM

Default Sorry to hear that...

My expierence, however, was the exact opposite. They gave me an approx date the exhaust would be shipped and I recieved an email before that date notifying me that it was on the way. Only problem I had was that UPS shipped it to the wrong address. Imagine your $1000 exhaust system in the hands of Pep Boys for nearly an entire week. Thank god their greasy hands didn't get to it first....later and good luck.

Rami
Old 03-31-2000, 08:56 PM

Default It's about setting expectations

I wasn't in any kind of hurry when I ordered the VelociMax. However, when they started telling me that it was going to ship "tomorrow," I started thinking I could get it installed in time for Pahrump. I asked around about installers and went by and talked to a couple. I got things lined up.

If they weren't sure when it would ship, that's all that they had to tell me. Instead of saying it will ship "tomorrow," they could say "we're not sure when it will ship, but we'll let you know as soon as we can commit to a date." That would have been a much better response.

Thanks for your post. I'm looking forward to Pahrump, exhaust or no.

Jim L.
00 Silver S4
AutoThority Chip, UUC Shifter, Michelin XGT Z4's (235/45/17)
Old 04-01-2000, 04:26 AM

Default not an excuse, but an explanation...

Jim (and all that are patiently waiting),

We certainly do apologize for the delay in your exhaust, but oftentimes with hand-built products like this there are unanticipated delays. When the fabricator tells us "they'll be ready tomorrow" I believe them... and that information, in turn, gets passed on to you. And when the fabricator doesn't come through with the full amount of systems as promised, I am unfortunately made a liar of to you because no system is shipping out. I assure you that your exchaust is not sitting in a box in our office!

The response to the VelociMax has been fantastic and we are doing our best to get them into our customer's hands as quickly as possible.

At times when you can't get any of us on the phone, it's because <i>everyone</i> here is helping transport, pack, and ship the VelociMax systems... including me.

So once again, please accept our apologies for the delays. I think you will find the result worth waiting for.

- Rob Levinson
UUC Motorwerks<ul><li><a href="http://www.uucmotorwerks.com">UUC Motorwerks web site</a></li></ul>
Old 04-01-2000, 04:58 AM
URS4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The exhaust is worth the wait.
Old 04-01-2000, 06:23 AM

Default Re: not an excuse, but an explanation...

I agree with Jim, it will be worth the wait. A lot of great products take time to make properly. You don't want them to sacrifice their quality do you?

And beleive me, they are working hard...they have such great products they are getting swamped with orders,

Just be patient...<ul><li><a href="http://www.audis4.com">http://www.audis4.com</a</li></ul>
Old 04-01-2000, 07:27 AM

Default So you show up with a stock exhaust - so what? Stop acting like a spoiled brat.

Good things come to those who wait.
Old 04-01-2000, 08:00 AM

Default Didn't realize taking someone at their word indicated brattiness

In most businesses there are consquences for misleading customers. Perhaps you feel that tuners should be exempt.

Quick Reply: Considering cancelling my UUC VelociMax order (please read)