S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Dealer dilema opinion...what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer dilema opinion...what would you do?

I want to ask the forum what you think of this.

I brought my car into the dealership for its 5000mi service. It was drizzling a little on my way home so I decided to detail it in my garage.

I found quite a few stone chips (some large) on the bumper, hood, and glass. I don't want to sound like I'm ****. I would probably get stone chipped sometime down the road anyways, but the car has been so perfect before. It just hurts to know it is this way so soon.

I really liked their service department and I'd hate to have a complain like this mar the relationship. What should I do?

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-18-2001, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get in touch with NASAracer, see if your damage is comprable to his. share experiences.
Old 04-18-2001, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default hmmm well...

My front bumper cover had something like 80 chips in it after 2600 miles...I also had a few on the hood but none on the glass...well I figured a car that is designed for 155 on the autobahn in a country where weather is NOT ideal should be a bit more chip resistant than that.

Well, after all the hell I had been through with Sucksnak, I took my car and for its turbo replacement to a FAR more competent and friendly dealership...I asked them about the bumper and they said:

"well, this sort of thing is usually caused by the driver...driving on gravel or behind trucks or track events...we can have them look at it and put in a warranty claim though"

Well after about a week into the turbo replacement, I asked them about it and the guy just said "oh we'll take car of that for good will". They repainted the bumper cover and I believe they submitted a warranty claim...compared with the failed turbo a little paint was a drop in the bucket.

They were simply taking care of a new customer...it was just a cool dealer. Many people have had paint problems and SOME have had them fixed with no hassles and some have NOT had them fixed WITH hassles...

when all is said and done it really depends more on the dealer than Audi. DEFINITELY bring it up with your service department and see if they'll take care of you.
Old 04-19-2001, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the insight.