S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Dealer experiences in the Philly area

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2001, 01:23 PM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it seems like my door panels on my 2000 are kindof dark blue color instead of black
Old 05-12-2001, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dealer experiences in the Philly area

I'm about 2 weeks away from buying, and I would like to hear of both sales and service experiences, either positive or negative, so I can feel a little more comfortable when choosing where to buy and service. In particular, can anyone comment on the new Audi of Huntingdon Valley's service dept?
Old 05-12-2001, 01:35 PM
Rest In Peace

now how did that happen? doh . . .
Old 05-12-2001, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Dealer experiences in the Philly area

I really like the new Huntingdon Valley Audi dealership, its where I picked up my new S4 about two weeks ago. I went to Don Rosen, and YBH. Don Rosen treated me nicely, but tried to rip me off for the price of the car. Telling me they couldn't do better then 41,900. Yeah right! So I went up to YBH (You've Been Had), who gave me a price of 39,950. Which is defenitly alot better. But since I'm young(24), the guy treated me like ****. In fact he never introduced his name, or asked me mine until I asked. So my next trip was to HV. The guys there seemed real nice, and made the best impression overall. Haven't been in for service yet, But I am stopping in on Tuesday because the license plate frame that was on the car had one of the threaded inserts missing, so I could only put three screws in. So they are replacing that. They even offered to give me a loaner car, but thats a little rediculous for a job that should take 5 minutes. I'll let you know how I make out. I think it might be possible to get the best price at from these guys. From what my salesman said, they are a new dealership, and the investers need to see cars leaving the lot. I bought mine the last week in April. I think the guy gave me a better deal, cause they wanted to see another car leave before the end of the month. I picked mine up for 39500, i think, I'll ave to double check. Hope this helps you out a little bit.
Old 05-12-2001, 03:33 PM

Default You might want to also check at Winner Audi, in Newark DE. I was able to get a much better deal...

at Winner Audi in Newark DE. The price of the S4 was dramatically lower, and I got a lot more money for my trade-in also.
The only downside, is that when you go to another dealer for service, you may not get the free loaner cars.
All Philly area S4 folks should be sure to join the Philly area S4 group:

http://www.guisoft.com/phillys4/pages/home.html<ul><li><a href="http://www.guisoft.com/phillys4/pages/home.html">Philly area S4 group</a></li></ul>
Old 05-14-2001, 05:58 AM

Default Re: Dealer experiences in the Philly area

I bought my car from Don Rosen. I agree and think they may not give you the most rock bottom price but, I have been very happy with the level of service I have received both through the sales dept. and the service dept. The salesmen I bought the car from name is Matthew he has been selling cars for more than 10 years I believe and he has a Vw Corrado. So, he's a car enthusiast of sorts. I will tell you this. I would never buy a car from Cherry Hill Imports. They treated me the worst I have ever been treated in my life when I was shopping for a VW three years ago (I actually became so angry I walked out of the dealership and told the sales manager when he tried to stop me on the way out I would never buy a car from them.) Good luck shopping. It can be fun and it can be a pain.