S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Is dealer trying to be funny? (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 07:08 AM
DLG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is dealer trying to be funny? (rant)

So took the car in for CE light.

It was running rich in both banks and MAF reading peaked around 200g/s with abt. (normally should be around 260-270g/s)

They tested it and came back only to tell me the Home Depot F-hose that piggie made has a leak and so does the Intercooler. Also told me it is definitely not the MAF sensor or the O2 sensor. They claimed they have tried with a new MAF sensor and did not help the problem so they put my old one back in.

First of all, the Running rich DTC were there before we ever upgraded the F-hose.
Second, Piggie checked the stock F-hose and found no leaks.
Third, as many of you now have seen the type of work piggie does, there is no way he's going to do a 1/2 *** leaking job on a simple Home Depot F-hose mod. :-D

So, the car came from service with that explanation and told me they will order the parts. I noticed my engine bay was covered with creamy white/coffee looking sprayed all over. I don't know if they sprayed things to look for the leak or simply spilled coffee over it. But they promised to clean it up next time I go in.

But anyways, so couple nights ago piggie took my front end of the car off to look for the leaks. (minus the motor) Pressure tested both ICs and checked all the hoses. No dice~

So I called up the service and told them it's not neither of the things they pointed out. Neither is leaking. They told me to come in later this week and they will look more into it.

So, I couldn't wait, and called up Nick Gastus and met up with him last night. Borrowed his spare MAF sensor and tested it. BANG....!!! MAD POWER and NO DTC and NO CE light. Although there is a chance the MAF is not in perfect shape, (as it has given out lower readings prior on his car but otherwise works much better than mine) still, no CEL and no DTC is a good thing.

Called service again and they are still firm on the fact they have put in a new MAF to test and drove around with it with their State of Art computer and it only indicated the problems were from leaks somewhere. No gaurantee if they can get me a new MAF or not.

Now, I wish the reading were at a normal level of 270g/s instead of 250g/s, but 250g/s is already much better than 201g/s. see what I mean? :-(

This whole business jus pisses me off...
Just had to rant a bit to get it out of my system.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That is outrageous, I would escalate that right up through the dealership.

They obviously didn't do jack ****. They probably just assumed it was the home made f-hose.

-st
Old 10-29-2002, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default They saw the mod and ran....

Tell 'em to put the car on the "state of the art" computer with the old MAF while you are watching, take readings, then a new MAF and repeat. Bring a witness.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:33 AM

Default This reminds me when I knew I had a torn TBB and dealer telling methere is nothing wrong with my TBB

I went to the dealership and asked them to check the TBB because I was pretty sure it was torn. 1 hr later, they come back and tell me that the TBB was not torn. I said BS and asked for a screw driver and demanded who ever checked my car to stand there and watch me while I inspect the TBB. I unclamped the boot and showed them the tear. Thats when they looked like bunch of jackasses and the tech started to stutter, not knowing what to say. Called AoA on the spot to complain and made sure the owner of that dealership knew about this incident
Old 10-29-2002, 07:37 AM
DLG

wasn't it funny to watch their reaction when you showed them the torn TBB? ;-)
Old 10-29-2002, 07:50 AM

hell ya! and thats what you should do too.
Old 10-29-2002, 07:51 AM
DLG

thanks...i will make them do that~ :-)
Old 10-29-2002, 08:38 AM

Default I would probably just buy the MAF and be done wirh them. That's

just me, some things are not worth the time and aggravation.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, I hate being lied to, there is no excuse.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:48 AM

What altitude are you at?

Quick Reply: Is dealer trying to be funny? (rant)