S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Do all you modders have tons of extra cash or do you just blow all your cash on the ride?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instead of paying 60 for an M3 I paid 30 for an S4 and i'm halfway to the difference..

not a good way to spend your money but it is by far the most rewarding and satisfying way I have found. You can't take it with you.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 2nd. I paid $32k and have gone "ghetto" for the mods (used parts or homebrew). Still...

you can't be poor and own this car, that's for sure.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

spend every penny on the car
Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Same here, and it sucks that I have a few other expensive hobbies

that take money away from one another (PCs, Xbox, Music, Golf, Skiing, etc.)
Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Absolutely..I had mods picked out before I even recieved the car and

with the help of the forum got the order of mods down and did it right...atleast I like to think I did. If you get hooked on fast cars make sure you have money to spend cause it adds up quick.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

work my *** off and spend all my money on the car :-)
Old 05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Everyone has their priorities in life.....

It really comes down to how much you love cars. Unless you are wealthy you have to know what really matters. Car nuts dont wear the new trendy clothes, they know that those new shoes and that bling watch along with the matching chain are a set of intercoolers. We dont go out every night, all those movie tickets and dinner dates add up to big brake kits and suspension systems. The trips that you see advertised to the Bahamas and Cancun do absolutly nothing for me, there will be time for that when i am old. Its the ads that show a formula 1 driver banked into a turn that get me excited to go to that next level. I wear alot of the same clothes that I have had for years. If they still fit and do their job why take money away from the modding fund. I have honestly in times were money was tight skipped lunch because we all know that $10 bucks a day for fast food add up to a lot of money for your car.

Look around your daily life and see what kinda fat you can cut, maybe that lifestyle isnt for you, but i am sure you can find many things that you dont "need" to do or buy that will allow you to purse automotive nirvana. Also dont always look at it as an expense. Learn how to do certain things on your car and then charge others to do it for them, this will add to your modding fund. The stock parts that come off can always be sold to recoupe some expense. Also when you see great deals on things, scoup them up even if you dont need them. You can always sit on them and trade or sale when the right deal comes along.

Like I said above, everyone has priorities and sacrifices they are willing to make in their day to day life. What are yours?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Rest In Peace

I sleep with old ladies, wait 'till they die, and hope for an inheritance to feed my mod bug.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 700+ overtime hours in '04 bought all of my mods:)

My employer is one of the very few that pays engineering salary plus true overtime

I still "need" water injection, center diff, rear lsd, and stasis motorsport brakes but there isn't as much OT this year
Old 05-20-2005, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

very well said!

Quick Reply: Do all you modders have tons of extra cash or do you just blow all your cash on the ride?