S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Do dealerships make $$ from financing thru Audi?..++

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do dealerships make $$ from financing thru Audi?..++

My lease is up this Spring and I think I will buy out the 02 S4. I can get better rates than Audi for financing. I thought I would offer to pay more thru Audi if dealer will Audi Certify my car at no cost. Any chance?
Thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My understanding is that the CPO and financing result in significant profit to the dealership. Audi

may be different, but a family member who sells cars says that on new cars, the typical dealer makes more profit on the back-end (financing, extended warranty, etc) than on the front end (actual profit on the car). There is a cost to the dealer for the CPO certification and dealers have certain CPO'ed volume targets, so that may play into your hands. Also, I am pretty sure that if the dealer is arranging financing, they are getting paid by the entity who provides the $. Banks may give more $ than Audi's own financing.

There is someone who goes by the handle April/Verdegirl (sp ?) on the A6 forum and she is in auto sales and it might even be Audi. YOu might want to post on there and she might be willing to answer your question with more facts than I have; but I would suggest requesting the answers off-line. Don't really know her, just have read some of her posts. Bottom line is that EVERYTHING is negotiable if you have a brass neck and are willing to give something in return. If you negotiate early, I would think you could work out something that would be mutually beneficial in you situation.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes. all banks act as a "wholesale" financer. Dealer adds markup.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Absolutely...

You will ALWAYS get a better deal if you play four square with them for a while, and let them think you'll be financing through them... Then, when you sit down with the finance guy to do all the paperwork, either change your mind and pay cash, or make them select the 7 Day option box, (it's there and they have to do it), for financing, and then go out and secure your own loan the next day.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:11 AM

Default The only way a Audi can be certified is if the dealer owns ( trade , auction etc) it so it can be

put up for resale. As long as you are the registered owner there will be no certification for you.
In general , the back end money on Audi's is very poor. If Audi offers for example a APR of 6.00 and you can get 5.5 , the difference in actual payments will be very small , yes every penny counts but I think you get my point.

I have been selling high end cars for twenty years ( six with Porsche / Audi ) and I know that business in and out.