S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Even though AW is full of jerks (CA-LA ?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Even though AW is full of jerks (CA-LA ?)

Anyone want to try and renew my faith in the goodness of the AW people? I've had horrible luck with stupid people messing up the body on my car. It's been keyed. And just recently someone parked waaay too close and left an "I'm going to open my car door into yours" mark thats just KILLING me. Where can I take my baby in LA? I want a place that will take good care of her and fix her wounds that won't charge me a months salary. I live near the 405 and 10 freeway.

Thanks for reading this thread and your time,

JW
Old 09-19-2004, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep it sucks when your ride's dented...everything's fixable though....check my pic poster

to see the dents I had. I just got them fixed and the car's back to perfect again. Of course new doors will do that for ya
Old 09-19-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Call Mike at Baer's Keystone in santa monica. Dont have the number on me.

but he has done all of our cars, and does a really good job at that.
Pretty cool guy. Tell him that Keegan Gibbs sent you. Hopefully he will help you out.
Good Luck
And dont mind all the jerks around here. They/we are just salty.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ZephyrS4, i was lookin in ur pic poster at the pic named "drop". what suspension is that with?

is that the h&r/bilstein? TIA
Old 09-19-2004, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah...I have the adjustable Bilsteins....I think that was either the second or third to lowest

clip location on the rears. It was way too low like that. It could have even gone lower about 1". In the picture I think I was at 24.5" in the rear and 24.75" in the front. It looked good, but was way too low for daily driving. I was smacking my DTS on speedbumps all over town, and had some rear tire rub on high speed cornering. Since then I've raised it up to 25.25" all the way around, and it's perfect...definitely not "slammed" but get's me around town without issues.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:50 AM

Default downtown audi (do not go)

FWIW, i had an unfortunate trip to the downtown dealer (felix) a few months ago ... needed repair on front right fender and paint (with blend into door and hood).

they had horrible time-management issues and my car was only acceptable after the third attempted pickup. the first time, they hadn't attached the door handle correctly and neglected to put a lightbulb in the fender-blinker. the second time there was pitting in the clearcoat because of dust(?) during the shoot.

i still found shortcomings in their work, but wanted the car back more than i wanted them to give me 100%

it's only one data point, but i figure every one counts.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Avio Coachcraft

They do SUPERB work
N<ul><li><a href="http://www.aviocoachcraft.com/">Avio</a></li></ul>
Old 09-23-2004, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Avio Coachcraft

that interesting. can you tell us more of your Avio experience? i'd heard good things of them previously. so, i went there first (before downtown audi) for an estimate. the two guys i talked to were so obnoxious and haughty that i i coudln't bear to give them my business and left. maybe i appeared neither rich enough nor persian enough?

if they actually DO good work, it would be good to know -- i'd give them a second chance.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I had my rear bumper repainted there. I was treated politely and

I am definitely not Persian or rich They also took care for some rock chips and scratches on my front bumper. I have a Nogaro S4 and the paint is a *itch to match, but they did a very good job.
FWIW, they also have a lifetime warranty

I think they just started doing all body work for BH Ferrari in addition to Aston Martin, Bentley, Audi, Porsche, MB and so on. I had alse heard good words about them before from other forum members and LA area body shops.

They are a bit more expensive though. (roughly $10/hr more than what insurance companies pay, but u can work with them) They just took my insurance estimate although it was lower than their own.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:32 PM

Default good to hear

good to hear that my impressions of Avio may have been mistaken.

i'm surprised your insurance company gave you any cap whatsoever on repair/paint rates. isn't there all sorts of california law that prevents insurance companies from keeping you from using one shop vs another (because of the obvious conflicts of interst that used to arise)? otoh, i wouldn't expect ins companies to take just ANY estimate -- where is the boundary?

Quick Reply: Even though AW is full of jerks (CA-LA ?)