S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Was going to buy some more modds, but

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was going to buy some more modds, but

gave the money to the Red Cross. I saw the Red Cross spokes person last night say that the 1+ billion may NOT be used entirely to help the victims of Sept. 11, that they are going to save the money in case of future attacks.

WTF!?! I gave so that those in NY could get something. $1,000 may not seem alot to give to someone, but I gave with the intention of that money, 100% of it, was going to the victims. My anger at the Red Cross is grave, and how they are so flippin greedy. I hope someone in Washington does something about this!!!!

I can only imagine how difficult it will be for the victums to get any help from an organization that is supposed to help. Only in America do we see greed amongst tragedy!!!
Old 11-02-2001, 09:21 AM

Thats cool to hear, hats off to ya!
Old 11-02-2001, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Great donation went awry, that sucks, it's only 5 million at 1K per. Everyone who feels misled needs

call and write the Red Cross abou this. They sure let you know it was going to help 9/11 vicitms when they raised it. I can see beefing up the infrastructure for future attacks but the majority of that $$ should go to programs for and to the victims.

Glad I gave $1k to the National Search Dog Foundation.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:30 AM

Default I feel THE RED CROSS had perpetrated a massive fraud

and should account for the monies that have been donated to the victims of SEP 11.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Maybe it's because $1b is too much?

i.e. they'd run out of things to do well before the $1b was used up?

Just speculation here.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bull, there are thousands of children that have 1 less parent...

scholarships, mortgages, and so on. The money was given by Americans for the Americans that have falled victim to this. Think also about the cost to rebuild NYC, it will cost 10s of billions to do that.

You also have all the unemployed people across the country who are also the victims of this, so what does the Red Cross do? Kick em to the curb. I now wish I would have given to the NYFD/PD, but thought the Red Cross would have been able to give.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:47 AM

Default I felt the same about blood banks...

I was in Indiana when the sh*t hit the fan, and there were, of course, enormous lines to donate blood. A spokesperson from the bloodbank then came on the news that night and said that the donated blood would first be used to fill Indiana's reserves and whatnot, and then the SURPLUS would go to NYC. I thought that was rather deceptive. Yes, they need blood locally for whatever, but those people didn't wait around the block to donate blood for local surgeries, they were there to donate for NYC.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default This reminds me of the corruption at the United Way.

it's such a bureaucratic behemoth that if you donate $100, you won't know where those funds will go at all.

I can't stand those people at companies that pressure people to donate to the United Way (e.g. "must have 100% participation"). I'd rather have a choice or do it on my own, than give to that ridiculous organization.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Indeed, that was one of the reasons I gave to the Red Cross.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:06 AM

Default This is why I DIDN'T give to the Red Cross....this is what they, the United Way, and other do....(M)

The put a massive perecentage towards administration and infrastructure. Some times up to 60% of the money you contribute goes to these two things. Over the over $500 million collected by the Red Cross for the September 11 tragedy, something in the area of $200+ million is going to new Red Cross Buildings, updated telecomunications etc. etc.

It's an outrage! Of course some amount of administrative fees must be taken out of donations....but such a vast percentage....it just infuriates me.

Then you have people like the head of the United Way paying himself $3 million one year!

Don't get me started..........

Quick Reply: Was going to buy some more modds, but