S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Good meeting you Jack H, and Del, thanks for letting me drive your baby...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-1999, 12:56 PM
Corey S

Default Good meeting you Jack H, and Del, thanks for letting me drive your baby...

I know it takes a lot to let someone else drive your new $40,000 car. Poor Del, you shoulda seen him at first. I could tell he was nervous. :-)

I took care of it for him. Mine is just around the corner.

First impressions, lots of torque. More turbo lag that I woulda guessed. Might even be more than my 1.0 bar 1.8T. Not sure though, cause I didn't get on it too hard. The power delivery was very smooth, though, but kinda rubberbandish (new word?). Most of that is probably me not being used to it, but the potential is there. I know I can be fast in that car (especially with chip, exhaust, filter).

The car is very refined. Although my 2.5 year old A4 still seems more solid than most other cars, this new S4 makes my car feel loose. Perhaps I'm blowing that out of proportion, but it sure felt nice. AND I REALLY DIG THE BLUE ALCANTARA!!!! Remember, I'm fairly young, so it doesn't hurt to be a little flashy.

Anyway, more reports to come, especially when I get my own.

Corey S (still grinning from ear to ear about Del's car)
Wett 97 1.8tqm (for only one more day)
'00 S4 coming soon
Old 09-24-1999, 01:24 PM
Edmund L

Default You and Steve make me jealous!!! =(

You know, just thinking about it makes me want to trade in my car for an S4...how about this, when you get your car, let me see if my wheels fit on it....if they do...I think I'll start saving for my silver / silver 2001 S4 : )

Edmund Louie
98 A4Q 30V - getting giggles thinking about a modified 300+hp S4<ul><li><a href="http://members.xoom.com/Eddy450">Edmund's A4 Page</a></li></ul>
Old 09-24-1999, 01:26 PM
Corey S

Default Jack H's car is Silver/Silver, it looks great!! Yeah, 300+ ponies is going to be nice.

And we can definitely do the wheel fitment check. Believe, I'm a pro at changing tires, with all these autoX and track events. Speaking of which, I need to order new track tires pretty soon.....

Corey S
Old 09-24-1999, 01:30 PM
del

I just don't want the word to get out that you got to drive,then my girlfriend will want to drive it
Old 09-24-1999, 02:03 PM
Jack H

Default Re: Good meeting you Jack H, and Del, thanks for letting me drive your baby...

Corey, Del & Steve great meeting all of you-my pleasure Steve in letting you drive the S4-that's what cars are all about driving!!! Corey please stay in touch I can use your advice and assistance as we upgrade the cars. Hope yours shows up soon I know your dying!!
Jack
Old 09-24-1999, 03:27 PM
dave

*snif*snif* I feel so left out. saw an S4 on 17 today on the way to santa cruz though...