S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Had an accident about 2 weeks ago. Other guys fault, but insurance wont pay! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had an accident about 2 weeks ago. Other guys fault, but insurance wont pay! HELP!

This was the sitatuon, I was driving straight, while the driver was making a left turn opposite direction on a green light, we colided at around 5mph since I slammed on the brakes. Pulled over, they were tourists from Spain, and had a rental car. I called the rental company, they asked for a few estimates for the damage of my car, I got the estimates and sent them in along with pictures of the damage. Today I call the rental car companies insurance and he explains that they wont pay be a cent because of the fact that the guy that was driving was not insured under the rental, and that his brother (which was the passenger) was insured. Therefore now, I have damage to my car done from someone that lives in Spain! What can I do at this sitatuon? I'm basically stuck, and the rental company insurance dosent want to pay, as the driver was not insured, but the brother was. And it was totally his fault.
Thanks
Old 12-18-2002, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sounds like you will have to go through your own insurance company 8 ^ (
Old 12-18-2002, 10:45 AM

Your insurance will have to pay. Your premium will go up probably.Damn, sounds like you have my luck
Old 12-18-2002, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That will bring my payments up, which I dont want to do. Should I contact a lawyer?
Old 12-18-2002, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I thought that rental agreements included a provision of coverage for family members or employees...

of the same company. That way, not all drivers have to be listed yet they are still covered? What was the Rental Co.?
Old 12-18-2002, 10:48 AM
Maestro

Default your insurance has "uninsured motorist" coverage

in any event file a claim with your insurance co. They will be more successfull in going after the rental company
Old 12-18-2002, 10:54 AM

Let your ins. company take care of this. It will scare them up a bit more.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

ANC Rental Corporations
Old 12-18-2002, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Had an accident about 2 weeks ago. Other guys fault, but insurance wont pay! HELP!

Get a lawyer and go to the doctor he tells you to go to. Remember, your insurance company will be fighting with a cooperative opponenet, the other driver who doesn't care. You may end up better off than you think. I know this all sounds stupid, but that's the way this world works - kinda like "Alice In Wonderland"
Old 12-18-2002, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Get your insurance company involved, stat, as stated below.

Your insurance company does not want to pay either, but they have the have the inside line on dealing with the rental company and hoodlums from other countries.

In short, as they do not want to pay, they will go yard for you to try and recover any losses. your insurance will pay for now, and yes, your rates may go up.

Make sure to keep any and all police reports, numbers, witness's etc. Good luck.

If your insurance company balks, get a consult a lawyer ofr options. Good luck, that sucks!

Quick Reply: Had an accident about 2 weeks ago. Other guys fault, but insurance wont pay! HELP!