S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Here is something to think about...Audi S8 18" wheels on a new S4 (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2000, 05:56 AM
Bart A. Lane

Default Yeah, right!!!

Two months later they still couldn't get me a set. Read my post in the A8/S8 forum about mods to my car I just made. Vortrag was one BIG disappointment to me.
Old 01-24-2000, 09:04 AM
MRA

Default I saw your post in the A8/S8 section

But from far too much personal experience in getting hard to get part, I'd say you are more than a little impatient my friend.
I've been in the mod. hobby for many, many years now and when parts are coming special order from Europe, you don't get them in a heartbeat. Hell, I had Discount Wheel&Tire and Tirerack and a whole bunch of wheel companies trying to procure me a set of wheels that were being advetised on their fancy ads in Car & Driver, Road and track, etc. They all kept telling me there was this backorder on them. Why the hell are you advetising them then, I kept saying. I placed an order with the place with best price, yet the "backorder" lasted over 6 months and there was STILL this, "we don't know exactly when" answer every time I called. Those were for wheels that weren't even a special order!
Anyway, my point is that I've had to do the waiting game. When you have a car that you're doing stuff on that is not mass market and is special, you have to learn to be patient. Ah, and shipping companies are notorious for screwing up orders and damaging goods as I've had happen a few times.
Your brake issue sounds far more of an issue than a wait on wheels, if you ask me.
Good luck in your endeavors but try to remember that this is not like shopping at Kmart where you can just go to the Auto section and pick out parts. Patience is teh key in projects and eventually you will have a uniquely modified beast.
Old 01-24-2000, 01:44 PM
Bart A. Lane

Default Re: I saw your post in the A8/S8 section

You are correct, patience is vital but I don't like being told something when it is not true and then depending on it. I was told by Vortrag that the wheels would be in there hands in 2-3 weeks. And then I was told later that the wait in customs was typical. If it was typical to sit in customs so long why was I told I would get them in 2-3 weeks? That was what agitated me. I am putting off on a big road trip until I get this car squared away and I am upset because I took stock in what I was intially told. I understand things happen and I am understanding but it seems like I was given intentional misinformation. They are nice people at Vortrag and I have no long lasting hard feelings I just want people to understand that things can happen with these orders and it is not easy to get a set of wheels like this from Vortrag like many posters have claimed. It is long, risky, and tries the patience.
Old 01-24-2000, 06:06 PM
Ras Nesta

Sorry, didn't mean to threaten your manhood! He said 8.5 S8 wheels, which fit 245s.