S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( long ramblings and 1 question (long))

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-1999, 09:31 AM
Peter L

Default I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( long ramblings and 1 question (long))

hey all of yall
i got my car
it is sooooo
bad @$$

While i was away did anyone find out how to wire the Valentine into the sunroof control area. I would greatly appreciate help with that because the old way (fuse box, up the apillar etc. )
if i do it the old way it would interfeior in the side curtain airbag inflation.

this may be boring but im too excited to make sense i think
Its still not broken in yet but it sounds great acelerating to 4000rpms and by just doing that it feels faster than my MTM A4 1.8TQMS was.
wow
The phone is very nice. Im going to get it hooked up on monday. The Navigation system... well the CD dosent come with the car is the excuse but ill have it by tuesday or wendsday.
The gauges are incredible
i thought they might hurt my eyes but they didnt and me and my dad drove back from denver to new mexico

I only had 7miles when i got it!!!
I have some pics of the phone and nav and i wil post them when i get some of the nav sys. actualy working for me.

Black looks incredible
and the Onyx/silver seats are alot nicer than those on the imola one at the Historic races.

Also
my spare tire/ wheel. i looked at it and there is a chunk taken out of one of the spokes the size of a penny
its not deep or anything juat really big. So we called denver and they said they will have a new one for me the nextime i went there. (about a month)

...hmmmm what else...
oh yeah
the headlights... HOLY $H!T!!!!!
wow
i havent seen xenon lights since my dads old 98 911 Turbo. i forgot how good they are.
I agree with the other readers. The high beams seem dim but oh well.

and here is a reall cool thing
I was backing out of my drive way
(very steep.) and my headlights were shining right above the water heater in the garage. then about 7 seconds later they adjusted and went down about a foot and a half.
WoW!!!!!!!!!!
then i went out the drive way forwards later and stopped at the bottom and waithend and then they moved up about a foot and a half..I like alot!!!

This cal is Stealth only two pople saw me
1 was some guy in a red quattro coupe with some modifications who i passed on th interstate and then about 15 seconds later i saw him flying back untill he came up close enough to see
:-)
the other time was a guy at the mercedes dealer
My dad was talking to himabout the ML 55 AMG and then he just look up.
quit talking leaned and said
is that an S4?
whos is that
i said it was mine he said
oh wow
cool
can i see it
then he looked at it and got about 2 other salesmen to come and see it..
Pretty cool
well
i cant resist i haver to go drive again
and tis is getting long so bye bye for now

Peter
00 S4 3days old
Everything
Old 10-17-1999, 01:53 PM
John M.

Just wondering, whats your age Peter? Have fun with the car!
Old 10-17-1999, 07:18 PM
Peter L

Old 10-17-1999, 08:02 PM
John M.

Ah. I'm just about to get one for me and my 16 year old. It's mostly for him though.
Old 10-18-1999, 08:20 AM
Peter Ryckaert

Default No accessory power up above. Give up and goto the fuse box -nt

nt
Old 10-18-1999, 10:12 AM
JeffOB

Default What kind of irresponsible Jerk-o** would put one these things in the hands of a 16 or 17 year old!

we should all be lobbying to raise the driving age to at least 18 and stiffen the requirements needed to pass a MV test. In Germany where these cars are meant to be driven, they take driving seriously. Around town (from what I saw in Stuttgardt) they drive very sensibly, then open up on the autobahn. Getting a license is difficult and expensive, back here any idiot can drive. These things are serious machines, not toys!
Old 10-18-1999, 10:14 AM
JeffOB

Your fool to let your 16 year old anywhere near the keys!
Old 10-18-1999, 10:40 AM
Arun

Default Re: What kind of irresponsible...

I agree with your opinion re: the generally poor quality of driving in the US but I wouldn't presume to say that a person under 18 is always a reckless driver. I know I myself was not reckless when I was 16 or 17 and there are plenty of other responsible 16 or 17yo's out there.

Arun
'97 Black 2.8QM
Old 10-18-1999, 10:41 AM
Bruce K

Default Jeff, I'm sure if your mother or father could afford to buy you this car and you were Peter's age..

you wouldn't turn it down. Maybe this car will turn Peter into a real serious driver; if he's not already, who respects the value of a car and learns how to take care of it properly. Maybe he will own his S4 for 20 or more years of pure driving pleasure. Who knows; because of the S4 he may even find HUMILITY, and that cars demands respect. As a result he may become a more HUMBLE person knowing not everyone can own an S4, and understand the privilege of having a car that the most people will never have the enjoyment of owning. Thinking that is already true then he is setting a good example for the rest of us.
Old 10-18-1999, 10:52 AM
Bruce K

Default Peter, it's important in life to remember that people speak before they think...

I'm not immune to doing the same. I'm confident if Jeff was stranded on the road when you came by in your new S4 and you and your Dad gave him a ride to safety you would be a heros.

All things considered I don't think that Jeff means to imply you are an idiot because of your age,
or that your father is a jerk-o** for being able to offer you a gift of such importance to all of us.

He's just speaking without thinking how it may affect you or himself.

Quick Reply: I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( long ramblings and 1 question (long))