S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I was just getting my car serviced. You should have heard the B.S.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was just getting my car serviced. You should have heard the B.S.

the service manager was telling me about moding our cars. First of all he said our cars are not made for the higher boost that our chips put out, that the turbos get to hot and will seize. Ok, how many people out there are running on chipped cars with lot of mileage on them? Second of all, don't know if this is true but changing your air filter to a K&N will void you warranty? That's what he said. Also changing you BPV even to the better bosch ones will void your warranty. Then what I brought my car in for, the transmission won't go into first sometimes. So we went for a drive it happened to him once and he said that was normal. He exact words "Oh sometimes the clutch will hang, we will just lube it." Then there was something hanging down in the rear, either a fuel line or brake line, they said they will look at it and if they find any scrapes on it they wont fix it. Saying it was done from me bottoming out. Btw I have no aftermarket suspension. But I told them what if the scrapes came from it hanging down low and I came close to bottoming out and because it was hanging low it scraped. They said they probably wont fix it. Man I am starting to hate AOA. Maybe I should switch to BMW or Nissan/Infiniti so I can get the Dinan or Nismo aftermarket stuff and wont void warranty.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:51 PM
LCP
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well, frankly, he's got a good point about the turbos and higher boost from chips...

...although I don't know how many have had a turbo seize. The filter and BPV things sounds kind of bogus. He may be right about bottoming out. And what the hell does he mean by they will just lube the clutch??? Will they drop the tranny to do that?
Old 12-01-2003, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Let him chew fat until the cows come home and if you

get denied coverage-then take him to court. Don't be afraid of people like them who talk out their ***. It (mod) has to cause the problem and that's the bottom line. Stone Cold
Old 12-01-2003, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Go get your Nissan/Nismo crap and go through 1 transmission per month.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Elder Member

change dealerships. You may very well have a bad synchro and they don't want to be bothered by it.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hate the dealer, not AOA. The dealership that installed my DPs (m)

was very mod friendly. They repaired a modded car under warranty, and suggested I go with aftermarket DVs if I wanted something more reliable than the stockers. I then had my car in at a different dealership to replace a rear caliper bleed valve. The service manager started down the 'modded part' path on three seperate occassions with me, apparently the red paint on the rear calipers disguised the caliper so well his tech couldn't tell they were stock. Then they suggested that I had caused some damage during the painting the process, until I explained that I had simply taped the calipers and then spray painted them. Dumb @$$. It all depends on who you take it to.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Dealerships BS a lot ! tell that guy to F himself BTW ...

was it Keys or Rusnak in Pasadena ? cuz if so stay away !!! go to Beverly Hills Audi great service and mod friendley ...
as for BPV yes many will void turbo warranty and if you have K&N they will void your MAF warranty !! it sux but what can you do ! they voided my warranty cuz I had DragRadials and no exhaust !
Old 12-01-2003, 06:15 PM
Elder Member

Switch to BMW for Dinan? BWHAHAAHAHA!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Elder Member

Default well ko3's....i woudln't beat on a chipped car...

i wouldn't feel bad about romping on a stock chipped car all day so long as i gave it proper warm up and cool down. chipped...i feel you must pick and choose (which is better most times for street anyways) and give em some rest too. if you look at the maps you know the chips all run way out of the efficiency of the turbo (thus causing them to run a bit hotter than they were meant to)...the other stuff is BS. well, k&n have been known to cause MAf failures if over oiled...plus they don't filter crap. BPV's i coudln't see why unless someone installed them wrong.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:17 PM

My friend's 2001 Maxima had 3 clutch kit in 11 month (18k miles) - good luck!

Quick Reply: I was just getting my car serviced. You should have heard the B.S.