S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I just had the Audi dealership call me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just had the Audi dealership call me...

My car is in for a bunch of junk, one was that the sunroof makes noise, anyways... He calls me and asks me when I hear the leak, I'm like... "When the car is moving" What the hell kind of question is that I think... So then the real question comes. "Yeah, I drove it, that thing really moves! You must have a APR chip or something in there eh?" Me: "Uh, no, I just bought the car" Him: "Well that thing is wicked fast" My mind "Stop trying to be my buddy and just tell me you're trying to void my warranty you lippy assed bastard!" As far as I know the car isn't chipped. But the whole drivetrain leaks oil and the turbos sound like they're going, so they probably figure it's chipped and being beat on. Thoughts?
Old 10-26-2004, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

they won't "figure its chipped" sounds like he suspects it, so they are going to check
Old 10-26-2004, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sounds like an attempted bait....

Or it really is chipped....Only way to find out is to check your self....(i did it once, open the ecu up and have a look inside) another easy way to tell is the metal braket that holds the ecu in place is pretty loose or flimsy from flexing so many times from coming on and off. (oh and the car wasnt chipped, everything looked like it was supposed to)
Old 10-26-2004, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default idiotic way for the service guy to come @ you, though...

"you must have an APR chip in there, huh"
Old 10-26-2004, 09:10 AM

Default When i bought my car and took it in for warranty work, the old seller had a giac chip in there...

with the stock module in there...i got jacked since they opened it up and saw the Giac label on there! Anyway, if they suspected a chip they would have opened up your ECU instead of trying to distinguish whether you had a chip or not with there butt dyno.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default why does this happen to so many people....

dishonest sellers claiming to never have chipped, and then the new, unsuspecting owners getting bent over when the dealer discovers the modded ECU

something about this should be added to the S4 n00B buyers guide IMO
Old 10-26-2004, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Agree. you can see my feelings about Audi and dealers in the recent QQ.

I would have just said, "I'm glad you like the car but give me an idea of what was wrong, and when it would be fixed."
Old 10-26-2004, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If the car is CPO, you should not be liable no matter what. If it is chipped, you may be able to

track who bought the chip via serial number, etc. That would be the ultimate BS if it was chipped and you didn't know about it. I would say it may almost be fraud if CPO and still chipped!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default any more info on tracking the chip via the serial number?

has anyone successfully done this, and does it apply to all chip brnads? I've also heard something about a time/date stamp (or production date) available somewhere on the chip
Old 10-26-2004, 09:25 AM
ATH
Elder Member

Default Ask them why they are romping on your car - they really shouldn't know that it's

"wicked fast."

Quick Reply: I just had the Audi dealership call me...