S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I like my S4, I like the new A4, I like my dealer, and my turbos work fine!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2000, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like my S4, I like the new A4, I like my dealer, and my turbos work fine!

So there!

;-)
Old 10-11-2000, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's not April 1 is it?
Old 10-11-2000, 04:24 AM

No, but Friday 13th is only just around the corner!
Old 10-11-2000, 04:25 AM

Default Well i liked my modified S4, i LOVE my modified RS4 and i am disapointed with the new A4

from a company thats recently introduced the allroad, TT, a2 and that stunning looking steppenwolf Q car the new A4 is very bland and doesnt seam to follow the "style bounderys" audi has been breaking.

BMW have nothing to fear
Old 10-11-2000, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No wonder my car is in the shop... I wouldn't be surprised if a small planet landed on my car.

I have had some issues with my car-- info on my website...
Old 10-11-2000, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Refreshing to see such a positive attitude, Jim.. :-)
Old 10-11-2000, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh yeah!
Old 10-11-2000, 05:24 AM

Default Maybe there should be a sub-forum for each platform forum called "Bitching"

At least that way, those of us who are sick of hearing it could go elsewhere for discussion. And those who revel in it and dream of class-action suits could spend all of their time there. ;~)
Old 10-11-2000, 06:23 AM
Elder Member

Default My take

I waited to say anything until I had absorbed the new look. I know everyone was waiting for my word on this so here goes.

Front: I like the front of it, Audi cleaned up the lines nicely around the lights and leading into the front air dam. I think that if the hood would have had more of muscular angle to it, it would have set the appearance off in a more positive light.

Sides: I dislike the sides, I think they consulted Jerry from Nissan on this one. The front fender-well to me looks to Maxima-esque for my tastes, I have a '98 Maxima now and hate the current Maxima styling so a thumbs down there.

Back: Well we knew it was coming, a cross between the A6, TT and the Maxima IMO. I never liked the redesigned A6's rear and I don't like the look on the A4. I do like the dual exhaust and the sculpted back glass area, the lines are clean, maybe too clean. I personally like the "older" backend with the ribbed trunkline and rounded bumper IMHO.

Interior: Not much has changed here, IMO it would be hard to improve on the overall appearance of the inside. The growth that the car has undergone will give some needed back seat space and headroom but Audi was wise to stay away from something radical as the IS 300 interior.

Engine: I had read about the 3.0 V6 before I placed my order for my S4. I knew I wanted the S4 performance over the A4, after all that's what gives our cars the sprit we all love.

Overall impressions: Well although it's a nice design and I do like most of the car I really don't view our body style as that dated in appearance. If Audi would have just touched up the rear and stayed away from the A6 parts bin there I'd like the design much more. I'm a little disappointed that the overall look of the car looks like the new Maxima, better that they copied BMW's 3 series look. I would have liked to seen a slightly more aggressive, Teutonic edge in the styling dept.

To wrap up I do like the overall design, I will also need to see it in person before I make the final decision. I agree with Jim on this, I like both the new and the old design but I am happy that I ordered my '01. So there you have it, take it and do with it what you will. I'm sure we'll see posts on this for months too come but I don't think we have to worry about our resale values due to the new design anytime soon.

Oh, I have only 2 more weeks until my car is in. I understand the boat is about a week out. Does anyone know just how long from dock in Germany to dock in America?

Sean
Old 10-11-2000, 07:07 AM

I'm with you. Car is 1 year old tomorrow and I'm still smitten with it.

Quick Reply: I like my S4, I like the new A4, I like my dealer, and my turbos work fine!