S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

I must have passed on the right about 35 times today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must have passed on the right about 35 times today.
Old 10-16-2001, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I thought the right is the passing lane, in SoCal anyway.

I love it how people in SoCal move immediately to the far left lane when getting on a highway. They will cut you off just to get over there. Although, when there is a merge onramp, they will move over to the right lane and not move over so that you have to either gun it or stop to get on. Is it just me or what. I am from the north east and have been in Orange County for about a year and a half now. I don't ever remember people being such *** holes driving (except in the city).
Old 10-16-2001, 04:31 PM

Default I lost count after about 5 minutes of freeway driving. People don't give a damn...

I mean who has the audacity to drive the speed limit in the fast lane? Idiots. =)

Here, in a 65 zone even the granny's drive at least 75. Normally, in moderate to heavy traffic maintaining 85-90 is fairly normal. Hitting 100 or 110 is a daily thing. Go figure.
Old 10-16-2001, 04:40 PM

Default HAHAHA!!!! Yup! Drives my friends crazy back home north because...

...I use LA driving tactics where they really don't need to be used.

The worst is when people cut in and out a carpool lane even though its a double solid line. That stuff scares the hell out of me especially since many times the entire freeway is stopped and the car pool lane is going 65-70mph. Can you imagine some ******* cutting into it and the resulting damage? Some rules need to be enacted:

1) SUVs only for off-road use.
2) Women drivers must be required to drive a Geo metro and must graduate to a bigger car (kinda like the motorcycle training people get).
3) All cell phone users must be required to have a hands-free kit.
4) All cars must come with those little round mirrors to illuminate the blind spot.
5) Severe fines for cutting across lanes (use cameras if you have to)
6) Coffee can exhausts should be illegal since in rush hour traffic those things can really get on your nerves
7) Minimum proficiency testing on how a car works and functions.
8) Extended driving schools to get license (a la Germany)

.... the list goes on.
Old 10-16-2001, 04:44 PM

Default its exactly the same here plus cutting corners too sharply and..

barely missing you, dont forget the pacing, theyll cut in front of you and do the same speed as the car next to them holding everybody up. also going 5 under the limit on a single lane road.

people cutting you off at last second just to see them ride in the carpool lane and gun it at the light to get back into the lane they were supposed to be in. then seeing the same person ride down a exit only lane then just as it runs out they cut off whoever is there.

they do this in the rain and tailgate you too just because you dont want to do 80 in the rain. i have no idea how some of these people dont get killed by road rage.
Old 10-16-2001, 04:47 PM
Stätus Josh

don't we all!
Old 10-16-2001, 04:54 PM

Default Josh.....can you get the UUC sport springs from UUC yet?

I remember you posted some pics of your car with this setup, but do you have the link or could you post the pics again? If you have only the UUC springs with stock shocks, how is the ride? I am thinking about going with the MTM springs, but will consider the UUC springs as well. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-16-2001, 04:57 PM

right lane, left lane, carpool lane what's the difference?
Old 10-16-2001, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Slow traffic please move to the right. Did anyone flash you beforehand? If so you need a spanking.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:01 PM
Stätus Josh

Default They are not going into production

My stock shocks are toast pretty much and now my cars sitting at 24 3/4" in the front! Its too low for me... I'm going to coil overs soon.

Quick Reply: I must have passed on the right about 35 times today.