S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Installing Basslink and need help.... connecting speakers with wire, NOT RCA adapters...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Basslink and need help.... connecting speakers with wire, NOT RCA adapters...

hey yall

OK, I need help here. I installed the Basslink last night (sounds totally awesome... Snoop Dogg loves it!). Anyways, I ran into a problem where once turning off the car, tons of feedback or being put into the Basslink. After a few minutes, it finally goes off.

Questions:
*If anyone has done the Basslink
Old 07-27-2001, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Installing Basslink and need help.... connecting speakers with wire, NOT RCA adapters...

I installed the Infinity Baselink in my S4 a couple of weeks ago. I love it also - it really adds some good bottom end to the factory Bose system. I hooked mine up to the low level and power control inputs into the Bose amplifier in the trunk. The instructions specifically tell you that Infinity recommends that you connect the remote power on control signal to the Baselink. Otherwise, the Baselink will need up to 10 minutes to turn off using the lack of information on the high level audio inputs.

Connecting to the wires going to the Bose amplifier is a PITA, but my Baselink works great.

BTW, be careful drilling any mounting holes into the floor of the trunk. I ended up drilling into the fuel tank!

Good Luck
Tim
Old 07-27-2001, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Can i see a pic of the install? What types of music are most improved? More questions.

Does it get the bass from the head unit? (does the control on the stock face control all bass levels)? Can i see some pics and stuff. Thanks
Old 07-27-2001, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Can i see a pic of the install? What types of music are most improved? More questions.

Infinity recommends that you connect to both the front and rear (left and right) low level or speaker level outputs of the factory system. This way the Baselink output level is constant even as you change the fader setting. I currently have only the rear low level inputs connected to the Baselink since I don't change my fader setting. The head unit bass control will adjust the bass levels of all of the speakers including the Baselink. I disconnected the Bose "subwoofers" in the rear package shelf since they would bottom out playing moderate levels of bass.

Sorry, but I do not have any pics of the install. I mounted the unit vertically behind the left rear seat. The unit is quite small and has a self contained 200W RMS Class D amplifier built in. I listen to jazz and rock music. The unit produces much more bass than I would ever want. I was listening to Blue Man group recently and I swear I was sitting at the live concert that I saw in Las Vegas. The Baselink is a very impressive unit. I am very happy with it.

Tim