S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Jim Ellis VW sues VWVortex and User over post about the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jim Ellis VW sues VWVortex and User over post about the dealership

<ul><li><a href="http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/saturday/metro_b36fb002844b70b60008.html">Access Atlanta Story</a></li></ul>
Old 11-19-2001, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The Thread in question...

<ul><li><a href="http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=52126">http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=52126</a</li></ul>
Old 11-19-2001, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doesn't look like slander to me...

except for that "revenge" comment which shows malicious intent.

So everyone take note - when talking about your bad dealer experiences, never make a case for malicious intent. It's not slander if it's true, and all you should ever do is tell the story.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is rediculous, ive read the post before and theres no slander....

just an enthusiast telling other enthusiasts to avoid a dealership who provides substandard service. With the 150 replys agreeing with the post, i'd have to say the information is in NO way false, which it would need to be to be classified as libel.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:58 AM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default That's not my experience from the Audi side....

They are the best sales and service guys in Atlanta. They stood by me thru a tough time, and championed for me. As a matter of fact, I JUST got back from the dealer today from meeting the OTS gentleman, a meeting Jim Ellis set up. I got to say, I am very impressed with AoA after meeting and talking with him. Like any company, there are faces behind the Name. Get to know them. Talk on the phone and on-line is cheap. You will know more about a person from a face to face meeting than any other way. It also showed me once again the danger of the internet, and these chat boards. Namely:

Just as you misinterpet the "tone" of a message, so too can someone instantly think the negative about the personalities on-line. There is NOTHING like a face to face to TRULY communicate. My meeting with the OTS broke down a LOT of misunderstandings and barriers that are oart ofhuman nature. We rely on this medium SO much, to the point of laziness. This also hold true for cmh and I. Prior to meeting him face to face at DubWar, I really thought he was an ***, but afterwards I really came away with a great impression and respect for him. Rarely are people on line like the person they are in real life.

Lesson to you all. Meet and TALK to the service folks, even the OTS. You have a relationship with them for the term of the warranty. Be truthful, and respectful. They are intelligent folks with emotions and abilities that you should respect, as you expect in return.
Now as for that thread, I'd suspect that the guy didn't handle the situation in the best way. Thats my opinion of course, but I have always found there is a right and wrong way of dealing with companies and people. I am still learning that technique. That thread shows how on person's misunderstanding can turn ugly, and negate the fact it's ONE person's situation.

Just my .02.

BTW, I got some interesting news from the OTS guy. The torque headroom on the 6-speed is only about 20% above stock. (I think thats what he said - certainly not more than that...) Just thought I'd share. Take it as you will.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:06 AM

if that guy goes down, then some people here could be next!
Old 11-19-2001, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This one will get laughed out of court

Could you imagine what the judge would say if he/she read the follow-up posts to that thread. There is no slander there. I hope VWVortex and this poor owner counter sue this seemingly clueless dealership.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Whoa
Old 11-19-2001, 07:20 AM

Default how is that when it;'s the same tranny as the RS4? (although thinking about it now the RS4 only has

315ft/lbs.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:23 AM
LCP
AudiWorld Expert

Would have to agree there.

Quick Reply: Jim Ellis VW sues VWVortex and User over post about the dealership