S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Just bought S4 in DC area!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-1999, 05:55 PM
John G

Default Just bought S4 in DC area!!

I went to Heishman's today, and first test drove an 00 A6 4.2 - it was nice, but didn't really blow me away compared to our 99 A6 Avant. They don't have any 2.7T A6's in yet, but should have some in about a week.

I then test drove an S4, and HOLY SH*T what a car!! Until I had the chance to actually drive one, I wasn't sure if everything I read was hype or not, but it's all true and more. The one I tested was Imola Yellow with Onyx interior, which was the only one ready for a test drive, but it was a little too flashy for me. They also had two Silver/Silver S4's available which hadn't been prepped yet. I didn't think I'd be interested in the Silver interior based on the pictures in the brochure which seem to show the leather as a very metallic looking color. In reality, the "silver" seats are a light grey in color which seem to highlight the grey birdseye maple wood trim even better than the onyx interior. There is still a lot of black in the interior - carpets, dash, etc, which avoids any monochromatic effect with the silver exterior.

Both Silver/Silver cars had identical option packages - Convenience Package, Cold Weather Package, and Bose w/CD changer. I put a deposit on one, with delivery planned for Wednesday. The Imola Yellow and one Silver are still available as far as I know - recommend you ask for Mike Maurer if you're interested. We also bought my wife's A6 Avant from him last year.

I'm definitely looking forward to Wednesday!!

John G

96 A4 fwdm Pearl/Anthracite (to be traded in)
99 A6 Avant Brilliant Black/Vanilla
00 S4 Silver/Silver (hot damn!)
Old 10-11-1999, 09:14 PM
fAdI

Default ME TOO..Silver/Silver..from Rockville

congrads john..
My salesman is Chip. Highly Rcommended..
got it for $550 off MSRP..its difficult to do any better at this time.

They still have two more..blue and black.
more later.
Old 10-12-1999, 07:01 AM
Scott M

Default I'm getting the Silver/Onyx on Wednesday at Heishman's

Someone had to back out at the last minute after ordering the car. I really feel sorry for the guy.

Scott M
96 A4
00 S4 Silver/Onyx (Can't wait!!!!!)
Old 10-12-1999, 08:09 AM
John G

Congrats Scott, I may see you there Wednesday! Congrats to FAdl too!
Old 10-12-1999, 11:50 AM
Another Drew

Default Anyone know how dealer allocation works? I was 3rd at Heishman's

I thought that each of the S4's coming in were spec'd by the dealer and I was told that I would get their third one. Well, there's 3 or 4 unspoken for S4's on their lot. It looks like I'll be getting the 20th S4

Do dealers get S4's that are just sent to them by Audi? By that, I mean ones that the dealers didn't spec out.

AAAAArrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I haven't been recommending Heishman's if they've been fudging to me.

Drew
00 S4 STILL on the boat.
Old 10-12-1999, 11:59 AM
Another Drew

Default For those getting a silver from Heishman's

Congrats!!!

Just something you may want to check for...I saw a prepped silver that had a scratch running along the driver's side front fender. Looked like it was done with an exacto knife. The scratch could be well repaired. I see the dent-master guys there every other day fixing up the cars on the lot and I'm sure they do a pretty good job.

Drew
Old 10-12-1999, 01:19 PM
Daphne

Default Re: For those getting a silver from Heishman's

I've had good and terrible experiences with them (service related) in the past. They serviced my 1984 4000 Quattro and did an excellent job. The BMW side, though, did a terrible job on my BMW 3 series - enough to prompt a number of calls to BMW America. Never dealt with their sales folks, although when I was having problems with my BMW, they tried to sell me a 318ti - yuck!

We ordered an S4 that was supposed to come in sometime next month. We then checked with our dealer (I've since moved to Philadelphia) and found one in a different color coming earlier. That one got stuck at the port, but another one (same color, etc.) arrived and the buyer backed out, so we got it. Just goes to show you that being a PITA sometimes works out.

If you are flexible on color, you can usually find something earlier.
Old 10-12-1999, 05:37 PM
DMoore

Default I doubt we'll ever really know

how the allocation system works, because how would you recognize the truth, even if someone spoke it? But I've been told (disclaimer, disclaimer) that in addition to "allotted" cars, which the dealer gets to spec., there are also "bonus" cars which the factory or the zone rep spec.

I'm waiting for one of those "bonus" cars, spec'd by the zone rep in a color that doesn't officially exist. Everyone denies the color is available, and it's not in the brochure, but it shows up on the dealer printout, next to the VIN.

It's a week 34 car, so I'm hoping to see it soon.

DMoore
'98 A42.8Qtip
'00 S4M (when, oh when?)
Old 10-12-1999, 06:22 PM
John G

Default What I was told...

My salesman said the "unspoken for" S4's were bonus cars that were not ordered by the dealer. Considering the profit margin on an S4, "bonus" cars sure are a nice gift to the dealer from Audi.
Did you consider asking Heishman's to give you one of the "bonus" cars in lieu of the one you're waiting for? Of course, if they aren't the right color or don't have the right options you'll probably be glad in the long run that you waited.

Also, thanks for the word on the scratched fender on the silver car you saw being prepped. Since I've got one of the two planned for delivery on Wednesday, I'll be sure to look closely at mine.

John G
96 A4 FWDM Pearl(to be bid a fond farewell tomorrow)
00 S4 Silver/Silver (to be warmly welcomed tomorrow)
Old 10-12-1999, 08:28 PM
Scot McKay

He threw in your CD changer, right!? Was it "unexpected"?