S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

just got rear-ended. Crazy story...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got rear-ended. Crazy story...

So I was driving West on Sunset in the pacific palisades near the riviera country club, and I pulled up to a red light. There was one car in front of me, and no cars in sight behind me when i stopped. Then all of a sudden, as I was looking forward i got jolted forward. I dont know what the hell she was thinking or doing, but she must have been goin about 5 when she hit me. So we pull to a sidestreet, and before i can get a pen, she is at my window yelling " theres no damage, not a scratch". So i say "I need to get your information". So she keeps going on how there is no damage and how its perfect. Then I tell her that i understand that there is no damage, but in case i find some later, that i need to get her insurance info. Now it gets wierd. She says "listen kid, I am just a litle distraught. I just came from UCLA hospital , and my son just had brain surgery, he has brain cancer. So i dont really care about this right now". I said " i am sorry, im not trying to cause you any more grief or anything, but i need to just get your information really quick". So she said " i dont care. i dont care about your stupid car, take my insurance, take anything you need, take it all, sue me, i dont care". I replied saying " im sorry, but you hit my car. there is nothing i can do, i understand what is happening, but it is your fault that you hit my car". so eventually she wrote down her info and sped off. crazy experience for me. i have never been in an accident, and in case you didnt know, i am only 16. Then, when i got home, i found 2 one inch scratched on my back bumper. I feel bad about her kid, but still, she hit me. Im kinda reluctant to call right now. what do you all think?
Old 11-01-2001, 04:42 PM
EdP
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Well, was the info she wrote down legit?

Besides, the ins companies duke it out. She will probably not hear about it.
Old 11-01-2001, 04:44 PM

Yes it was legit. I saw her drivers license and i wrote down her license number.
Old 11-01-2001, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it's your call, but...

I'd report it. There's no excuse for that. Like, what, her child being in a serious condition caused her foot to not work all of a sudden? Puhleeez. I'm a sympathetic person to a fault, and I understand the stress of having a loved one in a serious condition, but there's a point where people gotta take responsibility. And who knows she could be fudging you also.
A student of mine who is autistic was recently f'd over by some one like this. Some bitch in a Land Cruiser hit his Lexus in a parking lot and pushed in the rear quarter panel. He tried to confront her, but she smooth talked her way out and made off clean. I vowed to him if I ever found her I'd run her off the road. What a total ****. So, I'm not saying anything is true/false about this lady's situation, but I think you have to follow standard operating procedure here. Make the call.
Old 11-01-2001, 04:50 PM

Default Re: just got rear-ended. Crazy story...

Yeah it sucks that her kid has brain cancer, but damn...if she was distraught she should have known not to drive...I say call insurance and let them deal with it...I had a similar experience...
I just got my 02 S4 and had it for about 3 weeks...I pulled into my driveway at home...half of my car was in the driveway and half on the street (I can't pull all the way in because of my garage)...reached up to open the garage and in the corner of my eye I see a car from behind...no worries right they'll move to the left to avoid me...nope! she pulls to the right...makes no sense because there is a curb and hits me....The girl that hit me seemed to have just gotten her license and 10mins prior to hitting me got into another accident...****ty day for both of us I guess...
Old 11-01-2001, 04:51 PM

Default She probably made up that story so she can get away.

I would have said, I wished your kid dies you dumb ho!

Im sorry, but I feel no pitty for wreckless drivers. Especially when she tries to pull **** like that. I would have threatened to call the cops and haul her *** out of her vehicle and write down EVERYTHING about her. Then, call the cops saying shes drunk and she shouldnt be allowed on the road, and let her tell her story to the cop.

IMO, you let her off too easy. I would have taken pictures and inspected my vehicle a lot more carefully. Dont let people like that get away with crap like this. Stand up!
Old 11-01-2001, 04:52 PM

Default well first of all, im in Los angeles, CA...2nd of all

she probably was not lying. i had surgery at ucla med center and she had all of the parking passes and operation center passes. So i dont really think she was lying.
Old 11-01-2001, 04:52 PM

He's not in Denver! What are you talkin about?
Old 11-01-2001, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh, my bad. Miss took you for MilehighS4. Hehe. <blushing> I still wouldn't call her.

People don't usally flip out like that. Most of the time when they go through something really hard like loved ones facing death, they become more withdrawn. My dad goes to Ucla med for doctors conferences and you don't need a parking pass unless you work there. But that may have changed.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:01 PM
LCP
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The energy absorbing material inside your bumper may be cracked...

...if so, it should be replaced since now that it has done its job once, it is not as able to do it again.

Quick Reply: just got rear-ended. Crazy story...