S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Mo Brazen , I saw you on the golden gate last week, while my S was getting fixed.....LONG!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mo Brazen , I saw you on the golden gate last week, while my S was getting fixed.....LONG!!

What vacation is complete without something going wrong? First off I am having major rubbing issues about two hours North of Denver. My new 18' Oz superleggeras with 235/40 SO3s have one hell of an offset. Add three friends and my coilovered car, and the problems begin. Even though I cut some of the plastic wheel liner before I left, I still lost rubber on the front right wheel, two large grooves are now present. The back wheels were hitting the top of the wheel well making terrible noises. The drive out was very stressful, but we made it. I go to a suspension shop in Marin County to have the suspension raised up, had it done that afternoon. The tech notices my soon to be non-existent rear brake pads, tells me to go down to Sonnen, drop his name and they could take care of me. The car is now raised up, no rubbing, just ailing brakes.

It is Friday. I go to Sonnen, schedule an appointment to have the brakes worked on for Monday. I think all is well. Coming home from the city that night my friend (who can't drive to well) tries to race a riced out Integra from a stop. I smelled the clutch across the entire Golden Gate Bridge, but we still kicked the crap out of the Integra. My clutch is now slipping bad. I drop it off first thing in the morning, and they gave me a nice 2.7 A6 to use while my car was in the shop. Having the extra room was great, because one of my friends who lives in San Fran joined us. (five people in an S4 DOES NOT WORK!!!) We enjoy the rest of the weekend with the A6. Crossing the Golden Gate into the city I saw MoBrazen on Saturday driving the opposite direction, I instantly started missing my Nogaro beast. BTW what spoiler do you have?

I get a call on Monday, My VM2 exhaust was welded in place, so they charge me $450 to remove it, but they put clamps back on it. I get my car back with a new clutch, flywheel, and brake pads on Thursday. It is as smooth as butter now. I hadn't noticed how bad it was before.

The rest of my trip was great, we did't get pulled over once, two cars which had tailgated us and we left in the dust passed us while we were fueling up. We later saw them pulled over and we waved and laughed all the way back to Colorado. It took us 16 hours total drive time to return (which is very fast for those of you who haven't made the trip). We even hit 160mph coming through Nevada! My Passport 8500 was the best 300 dollar mod for my car.

Thanks to Aaron at Don Collins for adjusting my suspension, Mike Allen and all the great people at Sonnen Audi!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Oh and I almost forgot, I got rear ended in the city right after getting my car back.....

I take off from a light very slowly and a guy in a BMW floors it into me. He was on his F-ing cell phone. Minor damage, a screw mark and a couple dents. Well I needed a new bumper anyway.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ouch $450 to cut and reweld an exhaust. ouch that one hurt!
Old 08-11-2002, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

At least they were nice about it. It would have cost about $70 here in Boulder.
Old 08-11-2002, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

They actually clamped it back together, so I won't have this problem again.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool deal! I must've been on my way to my soccer match...

Sounds like you had a rough ordeal here in Nor-Cal. I can't believe Sonnen charged you $450 for the exhaust mod, that's total BS!!! I could've sent you to my boys @ Meineke is SF & got it done for WAY CHEAPER! Oh well. I have an Audi OEM rear spoiler on the car.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Typical SF drivers. Sorry man!