S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Moment of silence requested: O.W. Kenobi was killed last night in a freak crane accident.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default He seemed like a great guy. Always helpful. I'm sorry for his friends and family. And sorry that

I never got the chance to have met him. Rest in peace.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I am shocked and saddened by this. His passion for driving the S and his sense of humor will be

missed. I'm sorry for his friends and family. I think he touched a great many lives. It's great to see the outpouring of support! I think the memorial banner is great. Thanks to Rob O for this.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Matthew Q. Ammon, May You Rest In Peace.......

Word cannot alone express how devastated I am with his tragic death--it was the worst moment in my life ever. I got a chance to visit his apartment two days later and see how horrible the accident was. Matthew was courageous and extremely bright, but most important of all, he was a great person. My most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Matthew, you will be sorely missed!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Elder Member

RIP Matt.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Rest in peace Matt, you will be missed.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My condolences to Friends and Family
Old 12-10-2006, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

R.I.P. So tragic. My Condolences to family and friends.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Just learned of these. Sad, as I remember him from this forum. Peace to his family & friends.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Matt, you'll be missed! I'm sorry for friends and family. ;-(

:-<
Old 12-13-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Devastated!!!...

I just found out about Matt's sudden passing.....and I am at a loss for words to express the way I feel right now!!... It's just so hard to accept that he is gone...I am in such disbelief!!!...

Matt and I were more than just close friends. We dated for a while, when he was still in KC. Loving Audis and traveling, also having a bit of international flair and sense of humor were just a few things that we had in common. Even though our relationship didn't last long, for that short amount of time I knew him, he touched my heart in a very special way!! That's why the news about this tragedy has gotten me so depressed. Especially when I came across some of the photos from the accident...It was too much to bear!!!!...

I cherish so many moments shared with him. No one could erase the memories!!! Wish there were words to hear that could ease the pain!!...

I saw that you are honoring Matt's memory on homepage, and the banner is very nice.
I wanted to do something for Matt to be remembered, too...So, I created a profile on MySpace.com in his memory. I uploaded some photos and I found a couple of videos on YouTube, which I included, too. I also made a slideshow of some of his pics (I hope it's OK to use the ones he had on here). I lost a lot of data on my hard drive couple of weeks ago, including pics of him. So, please, if you have any, feel free to send them. I just want this page to be for everyone, who knew him, whether in person or only through these forums.

I don't know if any of you have a MySpace page, but if you do, please stop by and send a friend request. I will add you, so you may leave your comments and anything else you want to share - photos, great stories about him or a fond memory...
And if you just want to give me ideas about the page, feel free to do so, too. Clicking on the links in the Signature line will take you directly to my MySpace page (Iv) and the one I dedicated to Matt (In Memory Of Matt Ammon)....You can contact me that way or via regular email....And, for those of you, who don't have an account with MySpace, you can still view both pages. But you may not send messages or leave comments. You have to be a member, in order to do that. Just a warning for all Internet Explorer users: You may not see some of the images displayed properly on the pages, or it may take a while for some of the info to load, it may even freeze... If you experience any of that, the problem would be on your end....I recommend switching over to Mozilla Firefox.

I would love to hear from you and get your feedback on the website. I just created it and haven't been able to add a whole lot to it...Any thoughts, opinions and ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know what kind of music he liked, but don't recall him telling me about a favorite song. I need some help on that. I would love to post a playlist with his favorite music. Right now, I have added songs, which are just a reflection of my emotions...It's ironic that I am setting up that page now, ...when Matt had one of his own not long ago...That's why I wanted to do that.

I don't know any of you, but I want to thank you for the kind words you posted on here about Matt. It seems like he touched so many lives. My heart goes out to his family and the rest of his friends. It's never easy for those left behind, but when you lose someone so senselessly and unexpectedly, we all feel the shock. I just hope that it helps his family know how many share their sorrow!

Rest In Peace, darling!

~Ivie

Quick Reply: Moment of silence requested: O.W. Kenobi was killed last night in a freak crane accident.