S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

The most distracting and annoying thing about my S4 reared its head today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-1999, 06:56 PM
LCP

Default The most distracting and annoying thing about my S4 reared its head today...

After a squirt of the windshield wiper system, my warning system decided to notify me that the fluid level is low -- and how does it do that, you might ask. Well, there's a little yellow animation that plays in a loop of water squirting up out of a reservious and coming down in two arch shaped patterns to either side of the middle that pops up in the warning box of the trip computer. It was hard to keep my eyes off of this thing. I felt like Homer Simpson watching the little duck on the seesaw go up and down sipping water out of a glass (you know, in a big, oafish voice, "He's drinking the water") or better yet it was like that Japanese TV show last year that caused all of those kids to go into seizures. Audi needs to get rid of this thing. Why don't they show the gas pump in some kind of animation too? I tell you, I went less miles today with the wiper fluid warning animation sequence playing than I ever do once the solid low fuel warning comes on.
Old 11-23-1999, 07:10 PM
wolff

Re: A piece of duct tape will solve that problem
Old 11-24-1999, 08:55 AM
Duct Tape Salesman

There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved with a little duct tape
Old 11-24-1999, 09:01 AM
Dank

Default Yep, very annoying animation... Mine was on for 3 weeks.

I had a leak in my washer reservior (A4, not S4, but same thing) and while it was on order that animation was going almost the entire time. Only time it went off was going up a hill, but when coming back down the thing would beep and turn back on. Grr... Low washer fluid is definitely not something that is important enough to take away my stereo display...
Old 11-24-1999, 09:05 AM
dhodory

Default Bizarre . . that EXACT thing happened for the first time today . . .

Didn't think that the animation/icon was too intuitive though. Assumed it was for washer fluid and was going to look it up in the owner's manual.
Old 11-24-1999, 09:27 AM
LCP

any you're not hypnotized or under the car of a psychiatrist after that length of time?
Old 11-24-1999, 09:27 AM
LCP

CORRECTION: "any" should be "and"
Old 11-24-1999, 09:29 AM
LCP

Default Things you'll never hear a redneck say: "Duct tape won't fix that"

credit to Jason Foxworthy
Old 11-24-1999, 10:37 AM
Blockbuster

Default Relax and enjoy the show!!!

x
Old 11-24-1999, 01:20 PM
LJ

Default Re: Things you'll never hear a redneck say: "Duct tape won't fix that"

Duct tape is like "The Force": It has a dark side and a light side, and it binds the universe together.

Quick Reply: The most distracting and annoying thing about my S4 reared its head today...