S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

my 100 octane story

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 100 octane story

This evening I got some 100 octane at the 76 station (3010 Almaden Expy at Foxworthy, in San Jose).

On the way there, I stopped at Ori Deli restaurant, 3 miles from the gas station, the only Indonesian restaurant I know of within a 30 mile radius. It's decent. This restaurant might help justify the schlepp to the gas station. It's actually has a big Indonesian/Dutch deli/specialty store attached to it, too.

When I got to the gas station, both of the pumps with 100 octane were occupied, one by an M3 with exhaust, and the other by someone in a normal car getting normal gas. I got out and chatted with the M3 guy while he pumped his gas. In the mean time, his three cute, female, 20-ish year-old passengers got out of the car and started oggling my Cactus Green S4 Avant (lowered, Superleggera wheels). Seriously... They were like, "Would you mind if we looked in your car?" "This is my dream car, how much do these cost?" "Are all the interiors like this?" (stroking the alcantara through the open driver's window) etc. If I'd been feeling a bit more social and a bit more mischievous, I would have offered to take the ladies for a ride.

The moral of the story is:

CHICKS DIG STATION WAGONS.

Or at least, they dig *my* station wagon.

Anyway, we all chatted for a while. Turns out the driver knew Dick (the owner of DynoSpot Racing). These folks had driven down from Fremont (20+ miles) to get 100 octane. They mentioned something about going "to the races" later that night (in Fremont, presumably).

I paid my $50 and filled my tank. ($4.09 a gallon.)

While we were there, some kind of mustang pulled in, and a Civic Del Sol with a giant intercooler and a seriously loud exhaust. Everyone was there to get their 100 octane. I had brought a 5-gallon gas can to fill, but I decided not to, since things were so busy there. I'll be back again--it's a painless drive from my house, and I like Indonesian food.

With the 100 octane (no comment on software), my car flew. Third, fourth, fifth, sixth were all madness. On the way home, on Lawrence Expy, I lined up at traffic lights with a Mustang GT, and with an Eclipse Turbo, both pretty stock from what I could tell. There wasn't much point.

My driver's seat is still a bit damp. :-)

I'm having lunch on Monday with a chick who digs speed. I'm gonna save some 100 octane for her. Maybe she will moisten the passenger seat for me. :-) :-)
Old 11-03-2001, 09:19 PM

Default Heh ;) Lucky you if that's true! Poor M3 owner.....I would not have been happy! (More)

But the part about races in NorCal? I didn't even know taht they existed up here.

That that was strictly a SoCal thing.....
Old 11-03-2001, 09:21 PM

Default You see, not the same when i got my 100 octane tonight...

In Savannah, the only station is out by the boonies with all the hoopties. I was the only car from this decade there. But, it was 3.15 a gallon. Filled up a bit(5 gal) and went to the abandoned track. Of course, about 40 ricers show up with neon and strobes on full effect. There was even an Aurora doing 180's for ****s and giggles. A stripped 94 civic with a serious BOV was owning everybody. I was going to make a show run (don't want to race, paranoid about my warranty), but the po-po's came and all billion of us shot the hell outta there.

First time with 100 in the Heavy beast, and she liked it. And considering the price, I'll be back more often. Anyone near Savannah should give me a shout, I'd be happy to show you were all the High school kids run. It doesn't say much about me, but the middle-americans here are a bit one the square side. Booorrrinnggg.

Bed time.
Old 11-03-2001, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yeah, poor guy - you could fit at least 4 chicks in the avant
Old 11-03-2001, 09:40 PM

Default :-) it was all very friendly. I had my flirt gauge turned way down.

And he had three chicky friends, anyway...he could have spared one or two... :-)
Old 11-03-2001, 09:43 PM

Default LOL! I lost it when I read about the Aurora doing 180s for ****s and giggles

and the 94 Civic "owning" everybody...

One of our network security guys is always going around saying that he can "own" any server he wants. It's become an inside joke with some of my friends at work.
Old 11-03-2001, 10:01 PM

Default yah, there are races in NorCal

I haven't ever been, but every few months someone crashes and the newspapers make noise about it.

I think Fremont is the Bay Area epicenter, but I'd guess Oakland and San Jose would have stuff going on, too.
Old 11-04-2001, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

MUWAHAHHAHA - I told you!! :-D
Old 11-04-2001, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default San Jose used to have some stuff... at least a few months ago they did...

I haven't been out to them for a while tho...

-T
Old 11-04-2001, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

$3.15/gal for 100 octane!!! YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: my 100 octane story