S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

this is my second year as a film student in the Newhouse school at syracuse, next project....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is my second year as a film student in the Newhouse school at syracuse, next project....

AUDI commercial
the school has alloted me:

1 PD150 Wide angle lens camerea - 2500
2 Seinheisser hypercardiod uni-directionl mics- 1000 each
2 pzm ground mic's -1000 each
1 Hood and door mount - ?? (fabricated by the dept - looks handy and sexy)
Sound board - 1000$

I have a great crew for this project.. some real talented guys - my script was pitched in competition with 25 other "persuasion campaigns" and was picked for production. I thought this might be something a few of you would be interested in. I will definetly post the final project on utube for some constructive criticism ;-) Commercials are not my main interests - far more interested in screenwriting/ film production. So this project only really tickles me because of the audi content! With all the fancy equipment I hope to make a decent commercial! The scripts and pre-production commitments have already been made, but any ideas for some creative shots are welcome. This forum continues to enspire my everyday life. You guys are great, Im proud to be a member of this forum.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I few years ago I made a few Audi commercials in a digital video class...check it out.

I'm a huge film buff and wanted to be a film major since 8th grade. How I ended up as a marketing major...who knows. I still love filmmaking with a passion (editing specifically).

No fancy cameras, mics, mounts, scripts or other fancy schmancy stuff unfortunatly. Had to wing this project.<ul><li><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CnBYhQ6_4s">Audi S4 Commercial</a></li></ul>
Old 02-28-2007, 11:27 AM

You need to ad K04's to your "alloted" list ;p
Old 02-28-2007, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default :-)...

I could only hope that my spot comes out as well as yours did!!! I was most impressed by the ambient noise of the engine - how did you get such a clean sound if you were restricted to a Hi-8 microphone?? Really impressive editing as well, I can tell that you dig the editing stuff. So was the engine note and exhaust tone enhanced in post? or was that sound all from the live shots? Thanks for any advice you have to offer. Like i said i have never attempted anything like this....
DOUG
Old 02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

and suspension, and exhaust, and new shoes.... :-)
Old 02-28-2007, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wait, no i finally figured out what your old username was... lol... ITS YOU????????/

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The majority of the engine/exhaust sound was put in post production. At the time I made this...

I had a wimpy Milltek 3'', and I really wanted that aggressive dual trumpet note you get from the truduals - so I dug up some UUC clips and started sound editing.

The Milltek is loooong gone and has been replaced with ASP :-)

Thanks for the props, I should upload my Vorsprung video - I used Audi's Vorsprung promotional video as the basis. Project was to use ONLY images...it was interesting...i'll post it up.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You talking to me? For the record, i'm not Marc (11sec, BBB)... though many people think so haha
Old 02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

please do
Old 02-28-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no duh

Quick Reply: this is my second year as a film student in the Newhouse school at syracuse, next project....