S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Needing help.. I need to find out what is NOT covered by the Audi extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing help.. I need to find out what is NOT covered by the Audi extended warranty

My normal warranty runs out 4/03. then my extended warranty kicks in for 3 more years. My dealer tells me "ohh, everything is covered by the exteneded warranty except winshield wipers, door trims, etc". I know DanosS4 posted back on 10/8 a list of things not covered .. here is a link and a clip of what was posted

this is normal. Not sure what other companies cover and don't cover.
Mechanical: Service adjustments/cleaning, carburetor, throttle body assembly, fuel rails, thermostat, contamination, rust, corrosion, air conditioning recharge, refrigerant, coolant, battery, battery cables, belts, hoses, brakes (front hubs, drums, shoes, lining, disc rotors and pads), exhaust system (including catalytic converter), filters, lights (bulbs, sealed beam and lenses) are not covered. Lubricants, manual clutch disc, strut inserts, shock absorbers, spark/glow plugs and wires, squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, wheel studs, wiper blades, shop supplies, hazardous waste removal are not covered. Repairs, retrofit, or replacement of any components caused by or due to compliance with any law or legislation including the 1990 Clean Air Act are not covered.

Exterior: Service adjustments (glass and body parts), bright metal, bumpers, body panels, door handles, door latches, fasteners, hinges, glass, moldings, outside ornamentation, convertible or vinyl tops, paint, rust, sheet metal, sideview mirrors (glass and housing), air and water leaks, weatherstrip, wheel covers/ornaments and wind noise are not covered. Physical damage, alignment of bumper and body parts are not covered.

Interior: Buttons, carpet, dash pad, door and window handles, *****, fasteners, heated seats, rearview mirror (glass and housing), trim, and upholstery are not covered. All non-factory installed items and equipment, such as, but not limited to, radios, tape players, compact disc players, graphic equalizers, and speakers are not covered. Cellular telephones, theft deterrent systems, and radar detectors are not covered

Does anyone know if this is covered by the AUDI Extended Warranty agreement???<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/988856.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/988856.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 10-18-2002, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

normal maintenance IS NOT COVERED normal wear items ARE NOT COVERED