S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Nothing I hate more than tuners/parts resellers lying that they have a product in stock....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nothing I hate more than tuners/parts resellers lying that they have a product in stock....

So, after my build your own and spend 5 hours hopping from Home Depot to OSH to Autozone to Pep Boys to Kragen to another Home Depot, I called up Eurosport Accesories here in LA to buy the Motive Brake Bleeder.

I was stoked that they said that they had it in stock and they'll be shipping out yesterday, so I can get my grubby little paws on it today. Well, seeing the UPS truck fly by my house without stopping prompted me to call them up and ask for a tracking number as I had other errands to run.

Low and behold that they said that it was on order and they'll get it in next week. LIARS. So I cancelled the freaking order and went into panic mode once again.

Thinking that I could actually (and foolishly) give a second try to do the build your own bleeder, I set off to yet another Home Depot. After staring for 20 minutes at a wall of brass couplers/nuts, I bought one (so, now I have like 4 that don't work). Then I hopped over to my local VW dealer to locate a brake fluid reservoir cap. No Dice. Called the closest Audi dealer (gasp, Rusnak) to see if they had it in stock. Negatory. But as luck would have it, they would with my order, give me some *** lube and charge me $16.20 for one of those caps. Yeah, okay.

So, I hopped over to yet another Autozone and bought the GM cap that is stated in the tech article and thinking that I'm home free.

I come home and now I'm out of the dremel cutting wheels so I can cut the brass cap off (essentially making it a nut) so I can affix the brass nipple onto the GM brake fluid cap. ****.

So, I'm almost in tears and I call Motive up and ask them if they can fedex me the bleeder. The guy on the other end of the line is very nice and he tells me that it's going to be a pretty penny to ship it next day ($30). He asked me if I could find it locally and tells me that parts4vws.com has it. I know Mike Potter and Virtual World. Could this be the light at the end of the tunnel?

So, I ring up Virtual World and imagine my surprise that they have 15 of those suckers in stock!!! Well, honey, send one of them my way!

If all goes well, I'll have the freakin bleeder after all that hassle. Are you guys tired listening to my rant? That's how tired I'm of the B.S.

Moral once more that missed it yesterday: Spend the freakin money and let go of building crap yourself. Nobody ever figures in the time to build it. I think of all the running around I've done, this stupid bleeder thing has cost me about $800-$1000.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:55 PM

Default Yikes - Most of us would have trouble typing this story coherently after those levels of frustration

BTW - I just finished scanning my Laguna Seca slides. They were somewhat disappointing compared to the shots Mike Veglia took, but still represent a different view of the track.

Expect some email before the day is out.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Expert

I feel like demolishing something.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:17 PM

Default Back-door tip. Call Hospital supply that's local to you.

all the stuff you need, you'll find. The tubing, the one way valves, bottles, lids, the vacuum pump as well (used when they suck the little babies outta there moms).

and remember who told ya'!
Old 11-13-2002, 02:20 PM

Default Mr & Mrs Potter at Virtual Parts are GREAT People

They have helped me out tremendously with my VW's in the past.
Car projects really work you over sometimes. Nothing quite like that desperate feeling at 9 pm when the part ain't working, the car is in pieces, the tuners aint answering the phones, and you are contemplating your 3rd trip to Widget land Auto Salvage.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Yeah, I've always used them for my VW, and even bought a Kamei grill for the Audi...

Since they didn't list the Motive Product on their online catalog, I thought they didn't carry it. They're awesome.

In fact, Mike's been in my car at Willow Springs and vice versa. His 'Rocco rocks.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:39 PM

Default Yow.

That's a lot of stress for some bleeders. What's wrong with the old fashion method of pumping the brake pedal? Personally, I like that the best....it's faster and the only downside is that you have to find a buddy to help you.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I like Drew's method, or find a shop to do it..
Old 11-13-2002, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Yeah, I was almost at that verge. I don't have any friends willing to entertain my car hobbies.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:11 PM

better than a turkey baster, warren **** style.

Quick Reply: Nothing I hate more than tuners/parts resellers lying that they have a product in stock....