S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

NTB screwed up my rims while mounting my tires on them. What can I do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTB screwed up my rims while mounting my tires on them. What can I do?

I got my tires mounted and when I got home to clean off all the brakedust and fingerprints I noticed a lot of marks on the rims. There were a bunch of fine scratches from the mounting maching with some black scrapes that came off with some WD-40. Then to my horror, I saw that they must have took out the valve stem with the jaws-of-life. The area around it is all boogered up. Then I was cleaning off the tape residue from the old weights and saw huge (literally), deep gouges from whatever they used to take them off. To top it off, it looks like the guy doing it was practicing to be a NASCAR tire changer. He needs to go back to school though because he missed the lugs a few times and dinged up the face of the rims. I am so pissed off about it and wondering what kind of retribution I can get from them. The rims were pristine before and now are noticably screwed up. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg
Old 01-02-2002, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'd go back and raise hell, that's BS.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:49 AM

I'm going to go back. Just getting ammo to use on them from you guys.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:50 AM
adp

Default When you pay minimum wage, you get minimum effort...

Find a local (small) tire shop nearby, and be nice to them... they'll treat you like gold!
Old 01-02-2002, 07:56 AM

They'll just deny it - unless you have 'before and after' pics.
Old 01-02-2002, 08:00 AM
Rest In Peace

Exact same thing happened to a friend of mine. He's still fighting with them over it.
Old 01-02-2002, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It happened to me once.....

They screwed up one wheel, same kind of thing, scratches and damage around the lugs and lip of the rim. I went back once I washed the car and demanded a new wheel. They wouldn't foot the entire bill but did give me about 75% of the cost. Needless to say I haven't gone back and everyone I know won't either. Being that I'm so particular about my car I noticed it right away so they didn't give me too much of a problem. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2002, 08:20 AM

Default to bad! thanks for the warning though. In the future I will take the mgr out to look at my wheels ..

before the tire monkeys touch my car.
Old 01-02-2002, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You paid for a service and are entitled to a settlement.

You would possibly need before photos of your car. NTB has insurance for this type of thing. You could do the nice approach and speak to a manager, of that goes nowhere, call NTB's corporate offices and speak to a regional manager, and keep going up the chain from there. NTB believes in customer satisfaction. Also, you can report this to the better business bureau.

In the future, stand right there when they do your rims and direct them as how to be careful. At NTB you arwe allowed to stand right there while your car is worked on. The tech may get a little frustrated when I am there, but a nice attitude followed with a tip, has given me a positive look at NTB and excellent customer service. You shouldn't have to do this, but this is your car, not the tech's.
Old 01-02-2002, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default When you go to get you tires changed out make sure they have a

machine that does not touch the rim in order to take the tire off (not sure of technical name). My dealer has one check to see if yours does.

Quick Reply: NTB screwed up my rims while mounting my tires on them. What can I do?