S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

The pain of having dave tow my S4... Whats up with my engine? He's a chevy man.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 06:40 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The pain of having dave tow my S4... Whats up with my engine? He's a chevy man.

So after three hours Audi roadside finally was able to contact someone who had a flatbed... because the last guy thought my car was front wheel drive and could just drag it back to Cincy. Dave and partner shows up. Dave has a chevy tatoo on his exposed chest. I know I'm in for it.

Dave thought the Audi guys were wrong about the carbon. No car with 87 miles on it should have carbon problems, even with 5 valves per tube. Dave starts it up, on que it spray gas out the exaust and stinks us all out with its nasty noncombusted smell.

After a good 5 minutes of, "Thats a damn shame, what a nice car." and "Sucks to be you", they load it up on the flatbed... gravel road is uneven, car is too low, bumper gets a good ribbing across the bed for an instant. I cringe. I sign, we shake, my beautiful silver S4 avant gets a piggy back ride back to cincy.

But not before I mention I have to get a ride back in the Aztek... dave says "Well, we're not towing the aztek, whats that tell you."

Ouch x 2.

So here I am, Audi-less.

Anybody know what my options are? Can I demand a loaner while this gets settled? Can I demand a brand new car? If this is a serious problem I have a feeling the car will never perform the way it was intended to. I'm a little jaded right now.
Old 07-27-2001, 08:09 PM

Northland is very good about giving free loaners during any warranty work..
Old 07-28-2001, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Did you get it from Northland? If so, a loaner will be NO problem. ........................

Who was your salesman? Did you get one off the lot, and if so, which one? I was there last Saturday to give Imola a bath (you have to come up on Saturday afternoons for a bath) and they had quite a few S4's. Let me know how your service went.