S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

PLEASE! I need some help & advice............I'm thinking of cancelling my S4 order for a BMW 330xi

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2000, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE! I need some help & advice............I'm thinking of cancelling my S4 order for a BMW 330xi

I live in eastern Monmouth County. Which means that Schneider + Nelson (West Long Branch, NJ) is my local Audi dealer. I have had bad experience after bad experience there. I am looking to receive my S4 in September. I may have to cancel the order because I don’t think my S4 ownership will be very enjoyable unless I never have to go to this dealer for any reason at all – including regular service. The stories regarding this dealer that I have heard are outrageous. I have pondering other options.

I was looking in this month’s Car & Driver and Automobile. I came across the new BMW 330xi. I am a big proponent of AWD. I have a Subaru Outback – my college car. I called Circle BMW (Shrewsbury, NJ) and asked to speak to a salesperson. Spoke to him for 5 minutes – he was very cordial. He faxed me over a spec list. He called me the next day & asked if I got the FAX (apologized for not calling sooner). The salesperson then asked if I would like to come in to the dealership for a test drive of a 330i & to just talk about the car. I know this is RWD model – the 330xi isn’t out until the fall.

This dealership is 10 times nicer to deal with. Who am I kidding, Schneider + Nelson is rated a zero in my book. It is an infinite difference (division by zero – math joke).

The BMW dealership is 1 block from my new office. I don’t need a loaner car – I can walk to my office. S+N has all but made it clear in shocking innuendo that they will treat me like even more of a piece of **** if I service the car, but don’t buy it there. These dealers make a $$$$$ on service – they should treat all customers the same.

What the hell do I do?

I know the cars are different. I just want a reasonably fast car – 0-60mph in ~6-7 sec. w/ an automatic & the stability of AWD.

Please comment – just don’t flame me.

I thank you in advance for your advice & for listening to my rant.

BTW – does anybody have a positive statement with in regard to S+N?
BTW2 – what about Circle BMW?
Old 07-16-2000, 03:54 PM

my email is now -- gitlin@excite.com
Old 07-16-2000, 04:00 PM

Default re:

Ouch, crappy service. That would turn me off to anything.

Maybe you can get your car through www.carsdirect.com.....
The S4 IMO is worth getting!!<p>Cheng.Kwan
Stg2 S4 by mtm&uuc

Old 07-16-2000, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If I was in your position, without a good dealer and wanting an auto... S4 is not your car...
Old 07-16-2000, 04:17 PM

But, I still have to service the car @ S+N
Old 07-16-2000, 04:20 PM

Are you against a Tip? I use my cell phone a lot in my car -- I need at least 1 hand on the wheel
Old 07-16-2000, 04:25 PM

BM'ers are a darn nice car,we all know it. You'll be happy with it.
Old 07-16-2000, 04:26 PM

Default You really do have a point...

If the dealer has caused greif before, it doesn't make the ownership experience any better. The ownership expierence is more than the car.

If you have found a dealer that is willing to treat you right and you like the products AND services they provide go for it.

The Mercedes dealer we got my wife's car from was excellent.

-randy
Old 07-16-2000, 04:30 PM

Default We love our Benz and Audi dealers.

<p>Paul Roderick
'99 A8 4.2 quattro
'98 C43 AMG
(awaiting delivery of) '00 ML55 AMG
Old 07-16-2000, 04:36 PM
Box

Default NY Tri-State Audi Dealer Recomendations...So Schneider + Nelson in West Long Branch, NJ isn't ...

one to go to for service, or sales for that matter. What options do we New York area Audi fans have? Any list experience here?

1. Who gave the best sales experience? Did they negotiate or offer decent trade-in proposals?

2. Who provided the best service department and experience? Did the offer loaner cars or go out of their way?

-Box

Quick Reply: PLEASE! I need some help & advice............I'm thinking of cancelling my S4 order for a BMW 330xi