S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Question, I am desperate!!! PLEASE READ HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question, I am desperate!!! PLEASE READ HELP!!!

I have tried to fix my turbo (boost) or electrical problems for years now with no result.

Here are all the questions I have posted.

https://forums.audiworld.com/search.php?searchid=464372

The bottom line is that I live in Guatemala, and there are only a handfull of S4 B5 here. Nobody in this country has knowledge of these engines. I have taken the car to four different mechanics and nobody can fix my car.

Here is list of what is happening.

Boost leaks (resolved)

I had a Throttle cut so installed a TCD, it worked for a while, but now the car boosts to about 16PSI and I hear a release of pressure and the turbo boost drops to 5psi.

Very few people have the VAG-COM and they canīt even use it properly to diagnose the problems, I have tried several combinations of things whith no result.

I am now sure that there are no mechanical problems (turbos, actuators, intercoolers, all Samco hoses checked, NO LEAKS) with the car, the problems are more related to to boost or electrical faults (N75, throttle cut, etc)

I am sick of all this and the thing is that I have never wanted to spend money on parts if I really didnīt know if this would fix my problem.

My question is, if I wanted to fix the car right away, is there a way of changing all the electrical compoments that could be causing my headaches(N75, MAF, conversion from Bosch to Hitachi) I mean throw everyting away and replace with new parts. What parts would I have to buy?

Thanks to all.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Cannot speculate on what caused this without some more data. Invest in a VAG so you can read your own codes, post logs, etc. Well worth the investment. You need to run for starts a block 115 log in 3rd gear from 3K to redline WOT and plot your results vs RPM. Read all your codes and report them with VAG.

Bruce
If I had a nickel for every CEL I have had I'd be rich.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks rktskicar , I will log that this week, do I log with the stock N75 and without the TCD, right??
Old 06-23-2009, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yes.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I noticed you have the RS4 18 inch reps on your car. I just got my set and I was wondering what's the spacers width you had to get to get the rims to clear the stock brakes?

Did you have to roll the fenders?

Sorry I can't help you with your car troubles...
Old 06-24-2009, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was curious about the image in your sig so I looked up Matthew Ammon on google. Wow and WTF....I mean, I know life can throw you one hell of a curve ball, but what happened to Matt is patently unfair and tragic.

I know it was a while ago now, but my condolences.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
Cannot speculate on what caused this without some more data. Invest in a VAG so you can read your own codes, post logs, etc. Well worth the investment. You need to run for starts a block 115 log in 3rd gear from 3K to redline WOT and plot your results vs RPM. Read all your codes and report them with VAG.

Bruce
If I had a nickel for every CEL I have had I'd be rich.
+1

Owning a vag com is a must with these cars.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by donromani
I noticed you have the RS4 18 inch reps on your car. I just got my set and I was wondering what's the spacers width you had to get to get the rims to clear the stock brakes?

Did you have to roll the fenders?

Sorry I can't help you with your car troubles...

try your rims without spacers, I had spacers in my 17inch OEM rims, but with these 18 I had to take them off so that the rims wouldnīt touch the fenders. My fenders are stock, not rolled.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RolledMySTi
+1

Owning a vag com is a must with these cars.

thanks, I am looking into that, is there a manual or a guideline for reading the VAG-COM. I have seen how it works, but I find it difficult to read what the VAG is detecting. (logs)

Also, I have seen the VAG from my car and they are always in a simple excel form (list of all data) How can this be transfered into the graphic mode? Does the VAG-COM have instructions for this?

Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/index.html

Also what is your vacuum reading at idle?

Quick Reply: Question, I am desperate!!! PLEASE READ HELP!!!