S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Question? Is it possible to drive a S4 without someone trying to race you? Kinda long sorry...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question? Is it possible to drive a S4 without someone trying to race you? Kinda long sorry...

I dont think its possible...So heres the story. I just got off work on Friday. Im a trader and it wasnt a good day for me. I was driving down to see my girlfriend in PA (I live in NY) and all i wanted was a nice relaxing drive. It was like 9pm and i was on Rt 287 in NJ. Basically its a speedway in certain areas. Wide open straight aways. Anyway, i was driving along probably going about 70 or so and some little car comes speeding up behind me. I didnt know what it was but it had some fake xenon headlight bulbs and an sounded like an airplane. So i figured hey why not. This is why i have a S4. I get on it hard and start pulling away from him pretty fast. After reaching about 115 or so i figured i would let him catch up and see what he was driving. I pull into the middle lane and he comes up next to me. Looked like some kind of honda but with the body kit on and some 3 foot high wing so i couldnt tell what it was. I did notice that he must of had a lot of work done to it because of the huge rpm gauge and shift light he had sitting on the dashboard. He looked like he wanted to go again so of course i went along. Right away i started to pull on him and started to get one car length then 2 and at that point it wasnt worth it anymore. I think he was really surprised with the outcome. So that was that. Next on Sat i was out with my girl and she hates when i drive fast so i dont with her in the car. What pulls up behind me but what i think is a WRX with exhaust on it cause i could hear it coming. Right away my girlfriend looks at me and i look at her and say please. It didnt matter though cause with traffic it wasnt gonna happen. So to top off the weekend im driving home and the car stops beeping which isnt a good sound as you all know. I look down and the oil engine low light is on. Not a big deal cause i just need to add some oil but just something i didnt want to deal with. Well i dont know if you would call this a kill but it was really interesting to see the face on the kid in that car when he got roasted by a 4 door. Thanks for reading.
Old 11-04-2001, 10:18 AM

The "Mind is its own place, and in itself can make heaven of Hell, a hell of Heaven." -John Milton
Old 11-04-2001, 10:26 AM

Default "Doh!"- Homer Simpson

S4MadMan, you get my vote for king of the quotes. The ones in your sig are great.
Old 11-04-2001, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default similar experience last week, but this guy was kinda funny...

After I let him catch up, he pulled up next to me and stayed even. I looked over and he was shaking his head in amazement. I rolled down my window, thinking he wanted to say something, but he just starting shaking his head about some more. My smile grew larger.

I think it hurts (or has more effect) when it's in an Avant

I'm bone stock - can only imagine if I go APR Stage2+
Old 11-04-2001, 10:35 AM

Default Thanks! If I had it my way, I'd rather be pursuing a Doctorate in Philosopy rather than an MBA...

...but a Doctorate in Philosophy unfortunately does not pay the bills. =(
Old 11-04-2001, 10:40 AM

Default Hey, you never know how you'll end up paying the bills...

I got my degree in mechanical engineering and did that for 15 years before I quit and started a business building custom basses and guitars. :-) There is a rational path that led me here, but it's a long story.<ul><li><a href="http://www.readcustom.com">Custom built basses by a former mechanical engineer who now spends much of his day covered in sawdust.</a></li></ul>
Old 11-04-2001, 10:54 AM

Fixed the link. You would think I can spell my own web address.
Old 11-04-2001, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drive to and from work every day without incident.. weekends still nothing

Not sure if it's that you folks are looking for it or what. No one rolls up on Cactus and trys to represent. Normally I get no one that appears to be wanting to match HP, driving skills etc.

I have only had 3 experiences, really. A GS400 shortly after I finished break in and that was a struggle, but I handed it to him. Next was this wannabe drag racer in an old muscle car with lexon looking windshield etc, from a roll, handed it to him.

Then the other night and older gentleman in his turbo volvo wagon tried, but failed miserably.

Other then that, nothing, no hondas, no camaros no mustangs, nothing!

So stop looking for races and there won't be any

Tory
Old 11-04-2001, 11:04 AM
Rest In Peace

Another reason to debadge the rear.
Old 11-04-2001, 11:06 AM

I dont look for them. They always seem to find me though. I have been the one who has started a race

Quick Reply: Question? Is it possible to drive a S4 without someone trying to race you? Kinda long sorry...