S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Raced a fellow S4 on RT.7 in CT....anyone in here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a fellow S4 on RT.7 in CT....anyone in here?

All I saw was it was a black car, debadged with RS4 replicas and a bit lowered...he was alone and I had my GF in the car. I was behind him getting on the connector. He turns onto it and guns it...giving him the initial time advantage, I tried to get on as quickly as possible right behind him through the sharp 90degree right hander....i took it pretty much sideways and floored it as I drifted to the left most lane. We went through the first three gears with us being DEAD EVEN...I knew he was chipped at least from way before we started racing when he got on it down the hill before we even got on the highway. Top of fourth I gained VERY little...maybe a foot...but it was hard to tell since the whole race took place with him about 2-3 cars ahead on the lane over....so no drafting :-) We got in fifth for a little and again it felt like I might have pulled another hair. For the most part it was very EVEN considering he might have benefited from the initial jump. It was fun...I saw his brake lights go on right before a left sweeper...which I admit distracted me a litle....but everything was under control. He didn't really look over and fell back a bit behind me and hung there till I got off my exit. I gave him the thumbs up and honked...he honked back. If you're in here....good run, brother....see you in the area!

Pete