S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4 vs. Boxster Type S (no offense Matthewk) (long)(HIG?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2000, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 vs. Boxster Type S (no offense Matthewk) (long)(HIG?)

Okay Okay I know alot of you guys don't really care for street racing. But my excuse is I'm still a big KID!!! and yes I live in a city (Los Angeles) where rice rockets and crapstangs are all over the place trying to show off! Not to mention I am in a car club that has a lot of rice rockets in it )

Anyways, Saturday night at around 1:30am I was dropping off my boss at her house in west LA and I decided to take the streets home when low and behold a Boxster S comes up on my passenger side staring at my huge 19"er's (HIG?). Now at first I did not know it was an S but it had some nice 18" mesh porshe rims so I let him get up a little so I can peak at his exhaust and yep there they were the twin pipes of the S. I was thinking I wonder if this guy want's to play because he slowed down enough for me to get next to him again. As we come to a light both he & his passenger look over with these crazy grins like I was driving a regular A4 riced out or something. Then this guy revved me just to taunt me(thing was loud btw). So the light turns green and I casually go but I did lurch ahead or him and that's when he dropped his hammer I could hear his car scream as he caught up to my door so I floor it in second thinking that I'm gonna lose because I have my huge 19"s on and not my stock 17"s but as I'm flooring it my car starts to shoot ahead pulling away really strong so I figured he's not going anymore so I slowed down. Now this guy pulls next to me at the next light and rolls down his window and says "do you really think that A4 of yours will hang with me??" OMG!! that burned me up like hell. I said to him "well let's see what my A4 can do then" at this time there were hardly any cars on the road and we were on Pico Blvd by La Cienega so at the light I'm reving mildly waiting for the light and I can hear him reving to high heaven next to me. Light turns green my sinks down and slides out in front (gotta love that quattro) he starts to catch me by the rear door in first gear but as soon as I hit second gear I only pulled a car length but as soon as I hit 3rd I was long gone like 5 cars or so. At this point I slowed down for the next light coming up and I see him closing in fast. I had already tapped my breaks and slowed down and he flew by me and ran the light. I was thinking to myself Sore loser flyby but then on the next block he was waiting for me and I thought was it to go again?? I already beat him! but as I pull up next to him he said what do you have in that thing nitrous or something? and then I told him do you read european car? he said no why I told him go get the august issue and you will see what kind of car it is!! he was like what an A4? I said "no you just got beat by an S4 twin turbo" he was like " Oh snap I heard about those things I didn't know they were out yet" I told him okay and he told me " damn that thing is quick as hell" and then I went home with a big smile across my face...
Old 07-31-2000, 12:34 PM

Default i'm a big kid to. nice!

<p>joseph cardone
Old 07-31-2000, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Are you chipped??? I am the first to admit that you are faster, but unchipped results may differ..

<p>matthew(most moderated)k
00 Porsche Boxster S
(Previous S4 Owner)
Grand PooBah of the HIG World Wide Consortium
Old 07-31-2000, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'd sacrifice a little speed for that porsche badge... I think thats alot of people's motivation...

Some people are just Porsche drivers, for the look and for the reputation.
Old 07-31-2000, 12:39 PM

Default Phat story. way to take care of business!!!

do you have any work done to your car or did you beat him stock. how fast did you get up to? keep up the good work! Let em all know what we can do!!!
Old 07-31-2000, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm Chipped with the AMS/ABt chip and Awe intake!
Old 07-31-2000, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Way to go BlownS4. You know he was talking trash with his friend in the car..... :D

<p>00 S4 Silver/Silver
93 Corrado SLC

"Wait....Did we just get beat by an Audi?"
Old 07-31-2000, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default that would make sense. you are about that much faster that a stock S4.

<p>matthew(most moderated)k
00 Porsche Boxster S
(Previous S4 Owner)
Grand PooBah of the HIG World Wide Consortium
Old 07-31-2000, 12:47 PM

Default "Saturday night at around 1:30am I was dropping off my boss at her house" ...

That aside nice story! Where has he been? He didn't know the S4 was out yet? What an ***. Let me at em!!!<p><a href="http://registry.audiworld.com/audi/registry/details.asp?car=5071">Jessica's Modded Nogaro S4</a>
Old 07-31-2000, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

uhhh that much faster than stock S4?? btw no hig for my 19" comment??

Quick Reply: S4 vs. Boxster Type S (no offense Matthewk) (long)(HIG?)